Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

socal: 07 springer cost

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007 | 07:33 PM
purple haze
Road Master
Default RE: socal: 07 springer cost

Sounds like someone needs to go in there and STRUM some heads!!! Unless they are connected to a well known group in that area! That starts with a 'H', but you do not cuss a hard working man with a dream to own a HARLEY, just imagine the service work they must do! And if you do not like it? What then? Or warranty work!! They would flip out on you! Sounds like a bunch of METH. HEADS and they get mean when they crash, and do not have any more! But there KARMA is so bad! WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND and one day they will get the right person at there WRONG time! PURPLE HAZE.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24725/14B342128CD24507AC1804EBE3243BC9.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-04-2007 | 11:10 PM
Tralfaz
Road Master

Just a brief followup (though it probably doesn't do much good for someone in San Diego). The dealership in Texas that I got my Springer at 2 weeks ago has an olive/black Springer with a ticket that says $18000 (a little over that, but I can't remember if it was $18020 or $18270 with an alarm). This dealer is having $1000 "cash back" on any '07 big twins also, so that would knock it down to around $17000. I don't think these guys really do deals past MSRP and any advertised deals, so they are essentially offering the same deal that San Diego HD had (though I don't think they are dicks if you don't want to take them up on their deal).

Old 08-05-2007 | 07:37 PM
purple haze
Road Master

Tralfaz I with you 100%, I got a good deal from LONESTAR when they where having a FEUD with BEDFORD HARLEY, but Bedford are more polite, LONESTAR will get mean with you if you let them, I traded a 05 FAT BOY for 06 SCREMIN EAGLE FAT BOY 103, will the 05 had a very small dent in the tank and they did not see it because with handlebars turned you could not see it, but any way they really stuck it to me on trade so I thought hell they must had seen it! Very low miles and it did not even have 900 miles on it, a couple of weeks later I came in and his DADDY was there and the son who did the deal and DADDY started on me about the dent and why I did not tell them, I just spent $32,000.00 for my C.V.O. and not included what I lost on 05 anny. verse 15th 95C.I. but they cussed me about a dent they said cost them $400.00 any way I said how much they made off me and thought they saw dent, then they cooled down because I was getting PISSED and LOUD back at them and some customers could hear how they where talking to me, I will never buy CHIT from them again!! And I'M even thinking of buying a B.M.W. with 4 cylinder motor 167 H.P. , I'M getting burned out on the new HARLEYS and the high cost, the B.M.W. is not cheap but it will not be in shop all the time! SORRY FOR RANT just tired of the rip offs! PURPLE HAZE.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24725/FFB80084477F4693B5C56E223D8D2084.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-05-2007 | 11:57 PM
Tralfaz
Road Master

The one warning I would throw out on getting a BMW in the Dallas area is that the the dealership in Plano is, well, iffy. If you were going to Lonestar or Bedford Harley dealerships then I imagine you would be going to the BMW dealership in Hurst, so I don't know much about them. I have a friend that got an '07 GT and he had a few crazy issues. There were a couple recalls that he heard about via forums, but when he went to the Dallas BMW dealership they would just tell to not pay attention to what he reads in the forums. He also had this crazy problem with how the motorcycle would idle after sustained rides. I guess that at tech at BMW finally figured out what the problem was and posted a fix, so rather than wait for a recall and convincing the dealership that he needs it, he took apart his motorcycle and implemented the fix. Oh, and much like people have said here regarding heat or tranny speed issues, there were tons of posts on the BMW forums from people saying BMW denyed this problem existed. I guess it worked out for him, though, since he did a test ride today and it worked fine.

All that being said, he's been a big fan of the motorcycle. He certainly gets way ahead of me on the highway and I've realized that, while he's constantly passing vehicles I just need to stay back since he can out accelerate me in a heartbeat.

I think I'm either tolerant or lucky since my experience both times I've bought a Harley was pretty positive. I actually dug me feet in on this last purchase and said I couldn't accept less than a certain amount for my trade in and they came up to my price (though we're only talking about roughly a $400 difference).

Old 08-07-2007 | 02:56 AM
Oldtimer of NM
Road Master

Give Ventura Harley a call, talk to Jan. They may give you a deal that will make the trip worthwhile.