Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

socal: 07 springer cost

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007 | 06:34 AM
stljoe07
Stage I
Default RE: socal: 07 springer cost

Well, maybe I should have checked in here first, but I am getting my '07 Springer Classic, Black, today. I paid 17,200 for the bike, includes factory alarm, no additional dealer incentives, i.e. store credit etc. I guess since I paid a little under MSRP I felt OK about it.I have to admit the negotiation was way to easy so I probably offered them a bit much, they had it on the floor asking price of 18,000+.
But does a few hundred dollars really matter, if you like the bike get it. I looked at this one and it just hit me that it was the one. Actually the one on the floor was sold so they went out and had one brought in from another dealer in a different part of the country. By the way, I'm in St. Louis, the bike market is pretty good here.

One other thing, since I'm here, pipe question, V&H or Screamin Eagle?

Old 08-01-2007 | 09:11 AM
bgismo20
Road Warrior

GET THE SPRINGER! There arent many left! They are a great bike mine has about 12K on it I LOVE IT! As far as pipes go I went w/ SE pipes w/ Fishtail caps, they look good & sound OK but I want a little more of a throaty roar so im looking at rush slip ons or Rhinehart eagle beaks or V & H , Its a beautiful bike & its very comfortable on trips/long rides, Check my gallery for photos

Old 08-01-2007 | 10:34 AM
Finn111
Road Warrior

You might want to check the other dealers in the area, Biggs in Oceanside, Quaid in Temecula etc. The last time I was in OCHD they had a Olive/Black one on the floor also.

Old 08-01-2007 | 03:45 PM
Tralfaz
Road Master

ORIGINAL: stljoe07
One other thing, since I'm here, pipe question, V&H or Screamin Eagle?
The salesman at the dealership even told me not to get SE pipes since the EPA regs have limited them a bit. I have been pretty happy with the V&H straight shot slip-ons for my Sportster, so I think I'm sticking with V&H slip-ons for the Springer I just got. I'm not sure that I got quite as good a deal as others here on a Springer, but I'm still happy. It was $750 off MSRP and they had to get it through dealer trade since the 3 closest dealerships to me didn't have any. I went with Red/Black also which was at least my preferred color combination. Not sure if it's popular with everyone else, but I like it.

Old 08-01-2007 | 04:59 PM
SKT
Road Master

If you like the bike, and got the cash...go for it! I doubt that you are trying to "flip" the bike for a profit. More than likely you will keep it for a hot minute, and add all kinds of bells and whistles to it (all of which you will never see that money back either).

P.S.
I have two morethings here:

1st, I feel like I got hosed bad...real bad, w/ the price. Granted I got mine at the beginning of the year.

2nd, Where are all of these Olive Pearl and Vivid Black Springer Classics hiding? It took an act of Congress for one of the 4 dealerships I had looking hard forone...to actually get one in! They said at the time (April) that there was only one other one in the whole state?!

Old 08-01-2007 | 10:46 PM
bigdeek
|
Advanced

ORIGINAL: SKT

If you like the bike, and got the cash...go for it! I doubt that you are trying to "flip" the bike for a profit. More than likely you will keep it for a hot minute, and add all kinds of bells and whistles to it (all of which you will never see that money back either).

P.S.
I have two morethings here:

1st, I feel like I got hosed bad...real bad, w/ the price. Granted I got mine at the beginning of the year.

2nd, Where are all of these Olive Pearl and Vivid Black Springer Classics hiding? It took an act of Congress for one of the 4 dealerships I had looking hard forone...to actually get one in! They said at the time (April) that there was only one other one in the whole state?!
Yeah, definately not trying to make a buck, will keep the bike for a while. I"m just trying to not pay full price for a now one year old new bike.

Anyway, I went down to buy the bike this evening - what a mistake that was. The sales guy could only go down to 17.2 for the bike, which ended up being 19.3 out the door. I told him I needed 17.5k out the door and the 500 parts credit coupon that was being offered. Man, that guy acted like I just slapped his kid or something. Wouldn't look at me in the face, acted like I wasn't there any more. Said his boss wasn't in and he'd call me tomorrow if the boss would take the deal. I said o.k. Nothing, just silence at this point. I say as i'm leaving, so i'll talk to you tomorrow. He says, yeah, i'll call you saturday. I extend my hand to shake his and he completely blew me off and started staring at his computer. What an azzzzzzz to the hilt.

Anyway, so much for north county sandiego HD. They really, truly need to send their sales guys to charm school. Not the way to stay in business. Hek, if they gave me the deal, i'd personally kick in 300 bucks to send that guy for some personality recalibration assistance.

O.K., got that off my chest.

So, it's off to call around LA and Riverside to find a bike.

Old 08-01-2007 | 11:17 PM
SKT
Road Master

I would go there and talk to the sales manager. Explain that you are/were ready to seal the deal on a brand new bike, and that the sales guy didn't want to work w/ you. Explain how you have given them business(?) in the past, how you send a lot of people to them, and how much you would like to buy a new bike from them.

There is no need for someone working customer service to be a d!ck. His job is to be there for you. Go talk to his boss, you might be surprised what they offer you.

Old 08-01-2007 | 11:41 PM
detonator
Road Captain

upper $20,000.00 range

Old 08-02-2007 | 02:35 PM
purple haze
Road Master

I was in U.S.M.C. and stationed in SAN DIEGO and they prey on the SAILORS and JARHEADS because we are young,wild, no girl friends, it was not cool to have short hair at my time, so you are thousands of miles from home so you go downtown and there was a lot of rip-offs done to service guys, and the HARLEY DEALER really hung it to use and I guess he was hopeing to get a service man instead of civvy, get away from the bases, thats who they prey on. PURPLE HAZE.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24725/2E2461ECC4F6407BB9BCC359577D0A6C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-03-2007 | 12:18 AM
Scurvy Jack
Tourer

Yep...you've just experienced what SD Harley is like. That's normal for their salesmen to act like that if you don't BUY on the spot for their price. They aren't willing to haggle and pretty much call you names if you walk away. Don't bother talking to the sales manager...he's even worse.

When I was looking for my '03 Springer I talked to them. They had one coming in the next week that an SD police officer had put $3000 down on and had been waiting for three months. The a-hole salesman told me if I would put down $5000 he'd give me the bike and tell the officer that the bike was no longer available and he'd have to wait for another one.

I walked out with the salesman and his manager cussing at me as I left. Haven't been back since.

Quick Reply: socal: 07 springer cost