Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 Heritage Classic Hogworkz passing Light Jumper Wire Plug

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2021 | 04:07 PM
firefour
|
Cruiser
Default 2015 Heritage Classic Hogworkz passing Light Jumper Wire Plug

Hi,
Recently purchased the plug in cable Passing Light Control Module from Hogworkz for my 2015 Heritage Classic. Has anyone installed this wire. My question is do I need to remove the fuel tank to plug the cable in or just lift the front of the tank? The single red wire replaces the yellow wire on the switch and the jumper control wire plugs in between the existing wire cable. Just not sure but I believe its near the front of the fuel tank. Can I just lift the front of the tank w/o removing and disconnecting it? Just want to do it as easy as possible. This allows the Passing Lamps to remain lit when you activate the high beams. Thanks!

Old 01-22-2021 | 02:32 AM
SJC69
Cruiser

Not familiar with this particular kit but you would 'normally' use the Fender tip light circuit connector #32 which is under the fuel tank. However you can use the positioning lamp circuit, if fitted, in the headlamp shell or break into this circuit (or head lamp circuit) for a neater and less visible fitting if you do not want to move the tank.
I have used this to get a supply for a SatNav. ( see the H-D Tech Sheet J05535 FLSTC diagram, as the supply to the head lamp, spots, fender tip and positioning light all comes from the same circuit you are basically changing it to as fitted to Japan supplied models)
There are no issues of overloading the circuit and or tripping a CanBus fault code by doing this.

https://serviceinfo.harley-davidson....eet/lookupForm

Use the above link to access H-D site and enter Tech Sheet No J05535

FLSTC Diagram from J05535

P.S. Forgot to say you cannot lift the tank generally enough to get to the connectors due to the fuel crossover pipe but you can lift slightly and then slide back, however you must make sure you protect the front rocker cover from being damaged by the crossover pie ear clips, a couple of layers of tape are not enough, you need something solid and reasonably thick such as a piece of plastic sheet or rubber. You may also find the rubber filler strip at the front of the tank gets in the way and also needs to be removed, which is held in place with metal push on clips!

Last edited by SJC69; 01-22-2021 at 02:47 AM.
The following users liked this post:
eighteight (01-22-2021)
Old 01-22-2021 | 08:59 PM
crtfibl
Grand HDF Member

I don't have this but it is on my shopping list. I've attached the Custom Dynamics instructions (should be similar / identical), and see their notes about moving the tank slightly. Hope this helps.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
TB-PLHLK-2_3.pdf (370.7 KB, 85 views)