Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Series "Renegade"

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2022, 11:50 AM
Renegade ARR
Novice
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Appreciated! I'm glad the interest is still there and continues through generations!
I know 'purists' will knock my bike for not being an EVO, (I wanted a bigger engine simply put) but I say, let's see him ride theirs and say how much he enjoyed the flashback. Besides I would rather have the paint be screen accurate, as well as every other chrome part, rather than just have the smaller engine anyway.

The following users liked this post:
thegoldminer45@gmail.com (05-17-2022)
Old 05-17-2022, 07:59 PM
thegoldminer45@gmail.com
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Renegade ARR
Appreciated! I'm glad the interest is still there and continues through generations!
I know 'purists' will knock my bike for not being an EVO, (I wanted a bigger engine simply put) but I say, let's see him ride theirs and say how much he enjoyed the flashback. Besides I would rather have the paint be screen accurate, as well as every other chrome part, rather than just have the smaller engine anyway.
I concur, I'd like the bigger engine too. I plan on getting a replica build going down the road here myself. Foolish question maybe, but is there a master list of the specific parts that are needed for a screen accurate build? 🤔 The parts are usually much harder to source as time goes on. There is no shortage of Harley Davidson Softails thankfully.

Old 11-28-2022, 12:58 PM
SirHarley
Road Warrior

Received 990 Likes on 510 Posts
Cool "Renegade"

The story line of "Renegade" leads one to believe that the bike is a 1989 Softail Custom. I believe the original hero bike was a 91 or 92 FXSTC. The series started airing in 1992. I also believe that there was more than one "Hero" bike over the years. The fork down tubes were a different style in 1989. The starter was also different in its configuration. Different versions show up as the series progressed. It's pretty hard to nail down what constitutes a screen used replica since so many things were changed over the years. This and other threads have proven that the Series earlier years parts are most relished and cherished.

I also thought I would never say this, but I'm actually thinking of selling/auctioning my "Renegade" bike next year. I'm getting older and I don't really ride it too much. Mine is easily the most Authentic screen accurate "Hero Bike" build I have ever seen out there (92 FXSTC). While there's no such thing as a bad Renegade tribute, many builders seem to settle or peter out when the going gets tough. (Please take no offense. This is a generalization) With the advantage of a slight O/C disorder, I forged ahead and searched out ALL the correct parts for an early "Renegade" Evolution FXSTC build. I even found the HD OEM parts like the 1 year only Numbers matching OEM original part # CV carb and 2 years only OEM air cleaner set up that were taken off sometime in it's earlier life. Warning... I had to pay eBay prices on some of that stuff! (FYI...) I even have an uninstalled NOS set of HD saddlebags that Renegade sported in the second half of the series.

I did amass another complete set of "Renegade" Evolution Softail custom parts in my parts horde storage bay (Sissy bar/Seat, Chrome dress up goodies, OEM brake caliper inserts etc...) If I ever wanted to build another, I could do just as good a job.... That's in case I ever come to regret my decision.

Alas, it may be time to pass the torch though....lol!

Last edited by SirHarley; 11-28-2022 at 01:59 PM.