Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Series "Renegade"

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2020, 11:50 AM
SirHarley
Road Warrior
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 1,023 Likes on 524 Posts

Originally Posted by Renegade ARR
Yep. The pipes on mine are in fact cycle shack as well. A California company that is no longer in business. Lorenzo said it 'sounded familiar' when I asked if my pipes were the right ones.
Do you still have it?

Old 05-25-2020, 12:56 PM
Renegade ARR
Novice
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I still have the bike. I contemplated selling it, but it would have to be the perfect buyer (aka a true Renegade fan), and not someone who just views it as another Softail.

Old 05-25-2020, 01:22 PM
SirHarley
Road Warrior

I agree. See post #197 above

Old 01-05-2021, 06:31 PM
Vincent Black
Novice
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

SirHarley, I'm building a Renegade Tribute Bike with a 1999 Softail Custom. Do you know where I can find a CCI Allen Style Air Cleaner Cover? I have the points and derby covers but can't find one anywhere. Thanks.

The following users liked this post:
SirHarley (01-06-2021)
Old 01-05-2021, 07:40 PM
eighteight
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,027 Likes on 2,874 Posts

Originally Posted by Renegade ARR
The exhaust actually is from cycle shack. Obviously I wanted to keep complete exhaust pipes like the show bike and not slip-ons.
Shameless plug:
i cant say what was on the tv bike but I have a new set of Cycle Shack one piece slash cuts for sale in Softail parts

Commercial over, back to regularly scheduled program😃

SirHarley (01-06-2021)
Old 01-06-2021, 07:01 AM
SirHarley
Road Warrior
Cool

Quote from Vincent Black
"SirHarley, I'm building a Renegade Tribute Bike with a 1999 Softail Custom. Do you know where I can find a CCI Allen Style Air Cleaner Cover? I have the points and derby covers but can't find one anywhere. Thanks."

That's one of the hardest parts to find. (CCI Pt. # 12-002) Every once in a while one pops up on eBay.(look overseas too) It has been long discontinued. So, only NOS parts or used ones are available. I found one at a swap meet a while back but good swap meets are going the way of the unicorn. Renegade ARR above made his own out of a round air cleaner cover. You can try to PM him.
We would like to see your project! Please post pics. It's winter here, and we need a Harley fix. Good luck in your quest! It's well worth the research and time if you do it right. In fact, I enjoyed scouring for parts. I found it very rewarding

Last edited by SirHarley; 01-06-2021 at 07:30 AM. Reason: info addition, pics
Old 01-06-2021, 08:18 AM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,440 Likes on 4,753 Posts

Originally Posted by jamg9999
Smart People,

Thank you very much for your comments,time& dedication, now I have a lot of information
to start searching on the web, for to buy the correctbike.

I really appreciatte all your comments,
I apologize for any incovenience.

A couple months ago, my girlfriend leave me,she was all for me, so I want to start thinking
about what I did wrong, but for to do that, I will need to ride on this bike, thinkimg myself,asking to me
why?,I want to be free of all shame, I want to free my angry, I want my freedom.

So I will stay here becuase I will need your help soon very soon.

Best Regards
huh? wtf?

Old 01-07-2021, 09:33 AM
SirHarley
Road Warrior
Cool

Originally Posted by Vincent Black
SirHarley, I'm building a Renegade Tribute Bike with a 1999 Softail Custom. Do you know where I can find a CCI Allen Style Air Cleaner Cover? I have the points and derby covers but can't find one anywhere. Thanks.
Vince Black...
FYI....You could also go with the HD Alluminator series of covers. Tom84FXST (see post 183) has stated that he has some of them for sale a while back. They were used in the series also in the later years. They are around if you look hard as well.. I have yet to see a tribute version of a later years Renegade bike with these pieces. (AC cover, points, derby and inspection cover) There was also a transmission end cover. (see posts 154, 177, and 182) It would be period correct and be interesting! The saddle bags, seat and addition of chrome tool boxes were a part of it. These were all HD pieces and replaced all the CCI pieces. There are some good promo pics of that iteration. Here is one.

Last edited by SirHarley; 01-07-2021 at 10:31 AM. Reason: info addition, pics
Old 01-07-2021, 10:24 AM
Vincent Black
Novice

SirHarley,
Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it. I may have located the allen style air cleaner insert at a shop in London. They are checking their inventory now. I thought about doing the later version of the bike but I'm partial to the early one (childhood memories of watching the first few seasons). My plan is to do the early bike but the later paint job with the darker colors on the tank. I always preferred it. So far I have ordered most of the parts I will need. I even found an original seat in mint condition on Ebay in Germany last night. I should have it in a few weeks. Once I get everything in I will post the pics and document the build.

SirHarley (01-07-2021)
Old 01-12-2021, 01:43 PM
Vincent Black
Novice

Alright here we go. After an 11 hour round trip I am the proud owner of this 4,300 original mile 1999 Softail. I bought it from the original owner. Too bad he didn't keep the original parts. It's time to start removing the ugly from it. I have lots of parts ordered to start the Renegade build. Does anyone know what kind of front turn signals/mounts were used on the show? The lights are mounted vertically. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Harley Series "Renegade"