Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for those with a '00 - '06 ST and Mustang Wide Regal Duke seat

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2020 | 07:22 PM
Clammy
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Unhappy Question for those with a '00 - '06 ST and Mustang Wide Regal Duke seat

I bought a Mustang Wide Regal Duke seat (model number 75050) for Reaper. I got it today, and it doesn't seem to fit correctly. There is a LARGE gap between the bottom of the passenger section and the rear fender, the little rubber feet don't even touch the fender... and the back of the driver's part sits right up against the rear struts, which I am sure will cause wear-through of the vinyl at those points over time.

The question I have for those of you with this seat: did yours fit like this when new, and if so, did it eventually conform to the shape of the rear fender?

Thanks.

Cheers!

Old 11-10-2020 | 07:54 PM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member

I don't have that exact seat, but I have the similar Mustang Wide Regal Touring One-Piece seat (Part Number: 75502) and it fits my Fatboy without any issues. Comfortable too!

Old 11-10-2020 | 08:05 PM
Clammy
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by LQQK_OUT
I don't have that exact seat, but I have the similar Mustang Wide Regal Touring One-Piece seat (Part Number: 75502) and it fits my Fatboy without any issues. Comfortable too!
I also have that same Wide Touring seat, and it fits like a glove.

The difference is that I bought the Wide Touring seat used, and the Regal Duke brand new. I took another look at the included instructions to see if I might have missed something, and there's a Note: "The angles of the steel pan may need to be adjusted slightly to fit your specific bike". The gap seems like it would take more than a "slight" adjustment to fix... :/ I was so excited to get this seat, and now I'm bummed it isn't fitting correctly. I even took it for a good 3+ hour ride, hitting some pretty bumpy roads, to see if it would conform, bit it doesn't look like it got any better. That said, the seat is super comfy, so I REALLY want to make this work!

Cheers!

Last edited by Clammy; 11-10-2020 at 10:10 PM.
Old 11-10-2020 | 09:03 PM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Supporter

I have that seat on my 03 and I had
the wide vintage touring on my 00.
Both fit perfectly.
And they are comfy!!

The following users liked this post:
Clammy (11-10-2020)
Old 11-10-2020 | 09:45 PM
Clammy
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by byersmtrco
I have that seat on my 03 and I had
the wide vintage touring on my 00.
Both fit perfectly.
And they are comfy!!
Could you post some close-up pics of the seat installed on your 03? Particularly where the passenger portion meets/sits on the rear fender, and where the back of the driver section sits in relation to the rear fender struts?

Think I'm gonna call Mustang tomorrow and see what they say.

Thanks.

Cheers!

Old 11-11-2020 | 10:01 AM
Clammy
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Well, after lots of muscling to bend the seat pan, and bending the tongue down a bit, I got it to fit correctly. All the rubber feet are in contact with the fender now. What a PITA, but I'm very happy I don't have to go through the hassle of getting a replacement.

I LOVE the way this seat looks on Reaper (it has the look of the original ST Custom pillow seats form the 80s), and the ride yesterday was very comfortable. As the seat breaks in, it should only get better, too! Looking back now, I should have gone with this seat over the Corbin Gunfighter & Lady I bought in 2016. The Corbin IS very comfortable, but I was never in love with the way it looked on Reaper, and due to operator error, the leather top shrank over time (that's ME leaving the seat exposed to the elements and not being good enough with oiling/conditioning the leather. Since I don't have a garage, Reaper lives outside, so vinyl seats are a better option for me.), pulling off the foam, making it more and more uncomfortable, and uglier looking all the time.

Looking forward to spending many, many, miles and hours in this saddle!

Cheers!

Old 11-11-2020 | 10:49 AM
Clammy
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Here's a comparison pic. It's gloomy and drizzling today, but you can see the difference. You can see how the leather top cover of the Corbin is lifting off the foam.

To me the Mustang looks so much better, and has a more classic look, and it matches up with the sissy bar pad. Man.. I REALLY should have gone with this seat back in 16!!

Cheers!

Old 11-11-2020 | 03:01 PM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Supporter

Sure.
I'll do that tonight

Clammy (11-11-2020)
Old 11-11-2020 | 05:11 PM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

I love leather and I even work with it, but when it comes to seats, I prefer vinyl over leather. People talk smack on Mustang for using vinyl instead of leather, but I think in this situation, you're much better off.

My new seat is Mustang too, but 3 to 4 hours in it gets very uncomfortable. I have a Wild *** but haven't tried it on this new seat.

As far as yours, I like the old school styling of it. I think it's funny though you go out for a short 3 hour ride. What do you do for a living to get that kind of time? 😅

Clammy (11-11-2020)
Old 11-11-2020 | 06:55 PM
Clammy
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by RIPbiker13
I love leather and I even work with it, but when it comes to seats, I prefer vinyl over leather. People talk smack on Mustang for using vinyl instead of leather, but I think in this situation, you're much better off.

My new seat is Mustang too, but 3 to 4 hours in it gets very uncomfortable. I have a Wild *** but haven't tried it on this new seat.

As far as yours, I like the old school styling of it. I think it's funny though you go out for a short 3 hour ride. What do you do for a living to get that kind of time? 😅
I usually much prefer leather, but I've discovered that in this case, vinyl is definitely the way to go for my needs.

Which model Mustang seat do you have? I just got back from about 5.5 hours riding, and the Duke stayed comfortable.

I'm an IT Consultant, so I pretty much set my own hours. I'm lucky with that, for sure!

Cheers!

Quick Reply: Question for those with a '00 - '06 ST and Mustang Wide Regal Duke seat