Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front End shaking above 65M/H

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 03:23 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Default RE: Front End shaking above 65M/H

ORIGINAL: BlueDragon

The front tire may be cupping as well... this will cause an uncomfortable vibration at certain speeds~ Dunlops are known for cupping the most... from my experience anyhow~ Make sure to keep up on your tire pressures diligently to prevent cupping from happening~

Not to scare, but to educate... this was in this mornings local news~

TAMPA - Investigators say a motorcycle swerved into the path of a minivan on Morris Bridge Road Monday evening, causing an accident that killed two people.
Witnesses told investigators that a Harley Davidson motorcycle was traveling north on Morris Bridge Road when the tire on the motorcycle began to wobble. The motorcycle then veered into the path of the van.
Both riders of the motorcycle -- 43-year-old Charles Francis Viveros and 38-year-old Susan Lynn Ferrara, both of Zephyrhills -- were thrown from the bike and killed in the ensuing collision.
The family of four inside the minivan was hospitalized, all with non-life-threatening injuries.

May these fallen riders R.I.P.
Hope you find your problem and get it fixed soon...
I am not under estimating the issue at all, thank you for the post.
I am still going this week end to my mechanic to go through the front suspension in details... I am now leaning more and more towards getting metzlers 880 as eveyrbody is now advising that they are the best tires !

Regards