Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6"2' and need a solo seat with room

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 07:39 PM
seamus
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 6"2' and need a solo seat with room

I have a 2006 softail std with 3" extentions on the foward controls, but still need a little more room for my legs. I rode the other day for a while , by the end of the day my tail bone was shot. does any one make a seat that moves the rider back 1 or 2 inches? The HD tallboy isn't what I want. Looking for a seat I can ride for a long haul. Does any one have any thoughts? [sm=biker2.gif]

Old 07-27-2007, 12:17 AM
cj9581
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 6"2' and need a solo seat with room

I'm 6'5 and had the same problem. a local company called bitch n' seats .com made me a custom seat. It is very comfortable and pushed me back a couple of inches. You can also have gel inserts put in for that extra comfort.

Old 07-27-2007, 12:23 AM
DCS
Advanced

I have a 07 FLSTC Heritage Softail and just put on the HD Sundowner for softails in the heritage model with studs. It has great lower back support, not as squishy or thick as stock but more comfy on long hauls due to the new angle it puts me at. I'm 6'1" and felt a little cramped up even with engine guard and highway pegswhen riding with stock seat, the sundowner sat me down a little and angled me back a little giving me a more comfortable ride when using floorboards & highway pegs, my legs did not seem to have as much a bend in them as they used to, gave methe sensation that it did move me back a bit but not like 2".

There is a Sundowner for Softails that will fit a 06 FXST in plain black same as mine just minus the studs & concho. HD # 51468-06A $299.00

I have used a Mustang touring seat onmy previous metric bike, it actualy pushed me closer to the tank & handle bars and realy put my legs in a bend but it sure was comfy on the bottom side. I do not know if a Mustangin the same style would push youfarther foward on a HD or not?

Later,
Dan

Old 07-27-2007, 07:21 AM
tunaman
Road Warrior
Received 309 Likes on 203 Posts

Also check out C&C Seats... in particular the Sport Tour for 2-up riding or the Solo when you're by yourself. I got one of each and they are extremely well-made and comfortable, and look great. I'm also 6'2"... the seats drop you down and push you back, but have excellent lower back support. Most excellent customer support as well.

Roger

Old 07-27-2007, 04:09 PM
seamus
Cruiser

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to look into all the seats that were brought up. Sounds like mustang is out. If it puts u closer to the tank it's not for me.[sm=biker.gif]

Old 07-27-2007, 05:12 PM
seamus
Cruiser

If anyone else has any ideas please let me know. I have been at this for a while, and just want a comfortable seat.[sm=headbang.gif]

Old 07-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Waltman
Tourer

Forget the seat.

You need a whole new bike

Old 07-27-2007, 09:10 PM
lawhd
Advanced

ORIGINAL: cj9581

I'm 6'5 and had the same problem. a local company called bitch n' seats .com made me a custom seat. It is very comfortable and pushed me back a couple of inches. You can also have gel inserts put in for that extra comfort.
This is the exact link:

www.bitchinseats.com

This is also interesting:

www.bitchnstitchninc.com

I like Alligator Bob:

www.alligatorbob.com

or you could try this...

Old 07-28-2007, 01:00 PM
WouldBeHD
Tourer

ORIGINAL: cj9581

cj9581, that is a nasty looking Train, and I mean that in the best way possible!

I had Stitch On Time (a company in St Pete...www.asweetseat.com) redo my factory seat with temper foam and couldn't be happier. Cost about the same as an off-the-shelf Corbin or Mustang, but is completely custom (save the pan, which is OEM). The Temper foam is awesome and the guys at Stitch on Time are top notch to work with. I'm 6'2" and was having a lot of trouble with positioning with the OEM seat, but have no problems now. Highly recommend these guys!

Old 07-28-2007, 03:51 PM
TraumaKing
Banned

Boy have I got news for you I am 6'4" and I just bought a Tallboy seat that is for a FatBoy the catalouge says it wont fit or should I say it's not listed as compatable with my Springer Classic..........It bolted right on! Perfect fit! It lifted me up 3 inches and back 2 inches,I can barley reach my highwat pegs! What a MASSIVE difference! The main purpose I got it was the wide integrated pillion for the wife But the legroom and also arm reach is phenominal!

Quick Reply: 6"2' and need a solo seat with room