Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

200mm Hogpro kit on Deuce

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 12:33 AM
MegaHDman
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 200mm Hogpro kit on Deuce

I would be real impressed if you could straighten out the stock fender horns. Thats solid steel. Not tubing. Want the truth? Get an 18x5.5 rim and an Avon 180/55ZR18 and stick with that. A 180 looks real tight on the Deuce. Any wider and the bikes lines start to suffer. For all the work and effort you will need to go through to get an exta 3/4" wide tire shoehorned in there is not worth it IMO.

Old 11-21-2005, 12:54 AM
Crazy Canuck
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you know of any fender's?

Crazy Canuck[sm=smokin.gif]

Old 11-21-2005, 01:09 AM
MegaHDman
Banned

Fenders? That require the fender struts cut off and bolt on struts installed in their place? Try Milwaukee Iron. www.milwaukeeiron.com

Old 11-21-2005, 01:23 AM
Crazy Canuck
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks bud.
I was just on there web site and really like the saber
strutless fender. What exactly does strutless mean?

P.S. sorry for all the questions but you seem to know
what you're talking about. So better that I'm a little
informed if I need to call them.

Thanks again

Crazy Canuck[sm=smokin.gif]

Old 11-21-2005, 01:41 AM
MegaHDman
Banned

Strutless means you cut off your struts completely and bolt these fenders on. They are self supporting and dont need external struts to support them. www.heartlandbiker.com is another place. I use their fender and struts and rear footpegs, they make the slickest stuff IMO.

Old 11-21-2005, 01:41 PM
HDWRENCH
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

a 180 will fit under the stock fender I ran one for over a year. a 200 needs a wider fender. The 180 is a easy swap stock belt you need the correct spacers. IE Se deuce , the Deuce does use a caliper that is cut away top allow you to mount it inflated. BUT if you do not inflate tire until you have it mounted then it is easy to do. 180 swap on stock rims are the easy way to get a big tire look with the hassle. And I am not a fan of the tiny belt they WILL break even the 1 inch are easy to break with a stock motor. You start ropping on it or drop the clutch and it will snap. I know of several dealers here in az that have been doing replacments on the stock belts on the new 200 bike on a regular basis.

Old 11-21-2005, 03:15 PM
krenshaw
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: HDWRENCH

a 180 will fit under the stock fender I ran one for over a year. a 200 needs a wider fender. The 180 is a easy swap stock belt you need the correct spacers. IE Se deuce , the Deuce does use a caliper that is cut away top allow you to mount it inflated. BUT if you do not inflate tire until you have it mounted then it is easy to do. 180 swap on stock rims are the easy way to get a big tire look with the hassle. And I am not a fan of the tiny belt they WILL break even the 1 inch are easy to break with a stock motor. You start ropping on it or drop the clutch and it will snap. I know of several dealers here in az that have been doing replacments on the stock belts on the new 200 bike on a regular basis.
Hey HDWRENCH,

Can you give a rough esitmate of what a chain drive conversion would cost on a Deuce? I agree with you 100% about the belt on the new 06 softails w/ the 200 rear. That belt just LOOKS too skinny... even if it is carbon fiber reinforced. I think a chain conversion is definitely the way to go if upgrading to a larger rear tire. Especially hearing that you've seen them break on a STOCK motor!

Also, what, in your opinion is the best conversion kit available, with regards to parts quality, installation, and price?

Thanks for any info you can give!

Old 11-21-2005, 04:07 PM
MegaHDman
Banned

May want to wait on that chain kit, there are a couple of aftermarket companies coming out with HD belts for the new 7/8" belts HD uses on the new models and the 1 1/8" belts used on previous models.

Old 11-28-2005, 10:24 PM
Low Fly n
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HD,
Is there much of a visual difference going from the 160 to the 180 with the standard 4.5" Deuce rim? Any change in handling, or the ride? Got a nail in my tire and getting ready to order a new one.

Old 11-28-2005, 10:40 PM
MegaHDman
Banned

ORIGINAL: Low Fly n

HD,
Is there much of a visual difference going from the 160 to the 180 with the standard 4.5" Deuce rim? Any change in handling, or the ride? Got a nail in my tire and getting ready to order a new one.
I assume your talking about a Dunlop 180 thats specifically made to fit on the stock 17x4.5" rim? Yeah the 180 is about 3/4 of an inch wider. Handling will be similiar. I like the 180 on a heavy cruiser like the Deuce. Its a good fit.

Quick Reply: 200mm Hogpro kit on Deuce