Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New seat - I FINALLY finished

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 05:18 AM
Sanford
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New seat - I FINALLY finished

That's one great looking bike. That's one heck of a massage[sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 07-24-2007, 08:11 AM
larry5h
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome bike.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:39 AM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Excellent job.
Just one dumb question. What is the purpose of the sissybar?
Tom

Old 07-24-2007, 08:57 AM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That is an amazing looking bike. You did a great job on that seat. Everything looks killer. Keep up the great work!

Old 07-24-2007, 09:18 AM
Rick_M
Advanced

Fantstic bike, when you say fatten the rear tyre, did you just put a fatter tyre on your wheel or what?
I would love to fatten my rear end lol, but living in Sweden its too expensive to get the parts sent over,

Old 07-24-2007, 09:23 AM
mark1957222
Tourer

Great job on the seat. You might be able to finance all your bike mods by making custom seats for the guys just from this site.

Old 07-24-2007, 11:13 AM
ga4boats
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great Job Chops! You are a craftsman supreme.

Old 07-24-2007, 12:09 PM
chops
Tourer

Thanks for all the props guys!!

I get encouraged to do stuff when I see it done by other ppl, if I can help anyone with their project shoot me an email. I saw where someone had posted tank stretch pictures on the internet, and would have never attempted it had I not seen it done.

As far as doing the seat, I was fully prepared to let a pro do it, but like I said it seemed like too much expense for the return. Believe me, I'm not ready to give up the day job just yet lol.

tmitchell - the sissy bar - yes how to mount the sissy bar, thatone bugged me a few days.
I have to have a sissy bar, to be able to use my bike to commute to work with it is a necessity- I strap my rucksack tothe barwhich has my laptopand other stuff. Plus if I make store runs I strapbags and stuff. I would prefer a quick disconnect, but I did not want all the hardware bracketry (like I had with my stock setup) obscurring my new curved struts. I still may come up with something different to quickly take it off, I just could not come up with anything at the time I was sending metal out to the chromer. I did however create a way to use only one bolt per side to hold the bar-running light-strut on.

Rick M, you don't need a new swingarm or caliper, but you do need a 5.5" rim. There is a fair amount of modifying you have to do; especially if you don't buy the fat tire kit- but it can be done in your home garage. I made my own fender from a fender blank, and had the struts made from a water jet from my template - again you don't need kits to do it but you have to have a plan. Do a search on the official fat tire thread or the fat tire build project thread I had going for more info.

Later....

Old 07-25-2007, 11:38 AM
spike95
Road Master

Congratulations on your seat. It turned out really well. Nobody would cover it for less than $700? I can't get people to pay more than half of that for me to make them a hand tooled leather seat with kangaroo lacing and custom designs carved in it! The type of pan doesn't even come into question because they are mostly custom. I think I must beattractingthe wrong clientelle.

Old 07-25-2007, 01:28 PM
Mayfair
Tourer

EFFING AMAZING !!!!

I wouldn't even know where to start when it comes to a needle and thread. AWESOME jobchops !!

Quick Reply: New seat - I FINALLY finished