Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 Softtail Springer CVO

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2020 | 07:31 PM
Screamin beagle
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by wide glider
I agree this is a beautiful looking bike. But I have always been gun shy of the CVO110 twincams...especially the earlier build 07 thru 09 years
i have an 08 cvo road king and to be honest i was pretty uninformed about the 110. Its been a learning experience for sure...an expensive one at that. Ive done cams, bearings, heads, throttle bodies, just did the crank last season. Even rebuilt the transmission two seasons ago. I guess on the plus side i know every nut and bolt on my bike very well. I'm not afraid to take my bike anywhere anytime now that ive fixed or replaced all of the motor companies short comings. There was a guy on here that just sold an 01 springer for 5k...i was about a grand short in the bike fund and it sold the next day. I knew it would go fast...alot of bike for 5k. The 06 springer i had was the first year of the 200mm rear tire and the last year they made the springer custom and i loved that bike, but i always wanted that blue 09 cvo. I really had hoped HD would bring back a springer but ive read they sold the tooling used to make the front ends. The abs excuse sucks...how many years did we ride without it? I know my current bike is the first one ive owned with it. We can keep hoping while all the current springer owners keep hoping not lol.

Old 05-15-2020 | 07:43 PM
Since 1968
Road Master

My first HD was a '91 Evo narrow tire Springer. I took it up to an indicated 118 mph and it was solid as a rock. I always enjoyed the stability and the sense of the front tire being stuck to the pavement. I found it very easy to run hard in the twisties. The big weakness was stopping distance. I can't trust my memory too well but want to say the specs were 177 ft to get down to zero from 60. That number may be fuzzy but I do know for sure it had the longest stopping distance of any big twin. There was no sense adding a second disk, because you could lock up the wheel with the stock brakes and have the tire skipping along the road as you tried to stop. I learned to plan ahead a bit. I liked this bike so much that several years later I found an '05 FXSTSi with a 21" wheel on front. I got to enjoy a 95" high compression twin cam with that great front end and rode it on several interstate trips.
People who nay-say the handling have clearly never owned a stock HD springer, or even ridden one any distance. I lost my '05 in a fire and miss it very much. It had the narrow rear tire which was another plus for handling, (at least in my mind). It was one sweet ride in the hills.

Old 10-30-2020 | 09:48 PM
97stalker
Tourer

One of 398 Tequilla Orange

Old 11-01-2020 | 09:17 AM
Valdemar
Tourer

Originally Posted by Stang951
I got my "unicorn" black 09 CVO springer in Feb. I think it rides as good as my street glide, at least to 95mph.

Impressive springer, Look impressive!!! I am searching to buy one cvo springer , only year 09, because I have a Softail Rocker and I want continue with big rear tyre.

The following users liked this post:
Stang951 (11-20-2020)