Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Davidson best deals

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 09:03 PM
ua72
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Harley Davidson best deals

what time of the year does harley usually run their best deals Jan. feb,march when their rates are lowest and they are really ready to deal sometimes you hear of specials like 0 down and 72 months financing does anybody know?

Old 11-01-2005, 09:18 PM
JamieWG
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Harley Davidson best deals

I think things vary depending on what part of the country you live in. I priced Harleys for a year and really never saw any specials. It was pretty much the same wherever I went MSRP+Freight+Setup. The dealers only get a certain amount of bike to sell, so they don't seem to care if you buy it or not. They know they next guy who walks in the door will buy it if you don't. I finally got a bike for MSRP after a friend introduced me to a salesman. I didn't have to pay freight or setup. From reading HD forums, it does seem like some dealers are more agreeable to work with in January-February. You might save yourself freight and setup, but I don't think you'll get a bike for less than MSRP. As for financing, a lot depends on the federal interest rates and your credit score. Shop around for financing and take the best deal you can get. HD deals exclusively with Eagle Mark , but you can get your own financing too.

Old 11-02-2005, 03:30 PM
Bike_Boat
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought my '05 XL 1200C during H-D's "Summer Steel" deal. Got $500 off MSRP and $500 gift certificate for motor clothes or accessories. Was back in the dealership this past weekend and they still had some '05's (couple sporters and a few road king classics). Might be able to still find a few '05s where you live and make a little better deal than the '06's

Old 11-02-2005, 06:59 PM
HarleyWood
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As others stated in your previous posts, the best deal will be from the dealer that offers the best "out the door" price.
You'll have to do some leg work to find the dealers and distance you are willing to travel.
I bought my bike for $900 under MSRP OTD, at a dealer 50 miles from my house.

Use the dealer locator on HD's home page and ask them for a quote.

financing will likely be subject to your credit rating and what the lenders are willing to do, but its still worth shopping...

Heck my Visa card bank said they would lock in my bike purchase at 4.5% if i gave them the loan. of course they are betting that I will only make minimum payments until I die..(but they are wrong)..shop around there are finance deals to be had if your credit is good.

Good Luck.

Old 11-02-2005, 07:10 PM
solorider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know that Harley offered $1000 in accessories last winter if you bought a softail, dyna, or a sportie. Maybe they'll do something like that again this year. And yes, you can still find some nice '05's out there that the dealers will want to be rid of come February and March.

Old 11-03-2005, 10:43 AM
Flying Pilgrim
Road Master

I did what was suggested above: printed out the list of dealers, and called the closest few for a price quote by phone. One would not even give me a price over the phone, so I simply moved on to the next one (I don't have time to travel to each dealer for a face-to-face). I found a dealer that was willing to give MSRP and waive the delivery/setup charges, plus got $500 in HD merchandise. Now I'm fat & happy! Alot also depends on how the dealer makes you "feel"- are you just another number, or are you a valued customer, that they really want to see happy on his/her new bike? My dealer really gave me the feeling that I was being welcomed to their "fold", and should I need any service, etc, intoduced me to their service guy, who took the time to chat with me as well. I won't hesitate to drive a little further to go back there when I need something instead of going to a larger, closer dealer.

Old 11-03-2005, 01:19 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

My dealer sells for MSRP, and I think anything above that is a ripoff. My Electra Glide Classic was 18,435 with profile wheels.

Regards,

Bill

Old 11-03-2005, 01:47 PM
ultravista
Road Captain

Good deals at an authorized Harley-Davidson dealer? Does that sort of thing exist?

From the dealers I have dealt with, there is no such animal. The demand is too high. My local Las Vegas dealer charges over MSRP because they can. You can go on any Saturday or Sunday and and watch the customers revolve through the doors. They even have free shuttle service from most of the major hotels and locations. Cash used to be king but doesn't seem to phase a dealer. Dealers make far much more $$ through financing.

In my opinion ... if you do your homework and are confident in your choice of bike, the local paper and Cycle Trader are the way to go. There's plenty of deals to be found. It may take longer, depending on your location (population) but the wait is worth it.

Buy yourself a NADA guide (North American Dealers Association) and learn the prices. That little yellow book was an invaluable tool for me. It however does not account for after market gear and accessories which can significantly increase the overall value. It will give you a good price base to work from.

Old 11-03-2005, 04:54 PM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I paid MSRP for my 06' Nightrain.
The dealer offered me his winter sales promo of $500.00 off of any HD accessories, and an additional 15% off for the next 6 months.
It's a great idea because I bought almost 5K worth of goodies before the bike was built.
My wife is gonna kill me..