Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auxiliary Lights & High Beams

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 01:12 PM
smittyp83
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Auxiliary Lights & High Beams

I just installed a set of auxiliary lights on my FLSTI, following the instructions that came with the kit. The work fine and turn off when you hit the high beams (like they are supposed to). In the DIY section, I found the thread with the new wiring schematic to override the high bean shut off and keep the auxiliary lights on all the time. However, the modified wiring plan shows the "Accessory Switch", and I'm not really sure what is meant by that.

Here's the thread. The "factory wiring" is how I have it now. https://www.hdforums.com/m_54142/tm.htm

Any tips?

Old 07-20-2007, 04:49 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Auxiliary Lights & High Beams

That is a diagram of the Touring bikes that have the Accessory toggle switch on the dash.

You do not have one.

So you need to find a fused source under the seat and feed the passing lamps from it. You may be able to splice into the wire that feeds the front running lamps in the turnsignals. You should consult the electrical service manual for your model bike for the best place to do this.

I added fog lamps and moved the factory toggle switch for the passing lamps on my 03 Heritage. I added a fuse to the block under the seat and spliced into the main feed from the ignition switch to feed it. Now my fog and passing lamps only get power when the ignition switch is on and can be used with high or low beam headlights. I could not have done it easily without the manual.