Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PhxPhatboyeee

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004 | 02:49 AM
PhxSarge
|
Stage I
Default PhxPhatboyeee

Ok, let me get this kickin here with a post. Hey, first post in this catagory too. I'm mildly honored.

Anyways. Got me an 03 Fatboy (gunmetal, carb'd) a little over a month ago. Had 90 miles on it and got it at Hacienda Harley in Scottsdale, AZ. Great people there, by the way. Very helpful, courteous, and professional. Of course, I WAS spending (what I consider to be) a ton of cash, so anything less than that would have been unacceptable IMHO. Still, nearly everyone I've met who've been in any way associated with Harley (dealers, owners, whatever) have been great. I'm so far very happy becoming a member of the "family".

Rode the fatty in for its 1Kmi checkup and oil change this past Saturday and was floored at what I would have spent had I not had the maintenance agreement. Like, $260! Of course, they did change a few gaskets along with the oil change. But Jeezus Freekin Cripes! I need to open a Jiffy Lube for Harleys. Maybe call it Jiffy Hog. $19.95 oil change. Bet I'd make a million. But I digress...

The first 1Kmi went pretty quick. Been ridin to work on a regular basis though. Getting her broke in, in accordance with the owner's manual. And I must say that, while she's still stock, the bike sounds a bit better than when I first rode her home. Not like my last ride, an 02 Shadow ACE. Had to pop the baffles and open the intake a bit on that one to get it to sound like a motorcycle. Can't talk bad about my Shadow though. Had alot of fun on it and it was a super value.

Picked up the detachable sissy bar w/wide pad shortly after getting the bike and my lady says it's pretty comfy but could lean back a bit less. I'm thinking maybe some sort of insert to go between the pad and bar to make the pad stand a bit more vertical.

This next weekend will bring the detachable windshield and spotlamps. That'll be nice. As much fun as riding in the wind is, holding onto handgrips in a 70mi/hr hurricane gets a little tiring after a few hundred miles. I'll also be getting V&H Bigshot Shorts with the HD jets and aircleaner kit. Can't wait to hear those puppies. And it'll give a bunch more room when I get around to purchasing some saddle bags. I'm seriously considering Dakota USA's Dakota 301s with Easybrackets. It'll also let me put some floorboards on the back. Any experienced input on this topic would be appreciated, btw.

Now, if I can just find out why the nearly thumbnail-sized jpg (400x270) of me and the bike won't be accepted for upload on this forum. They want no bigger than 290x290. What's up with that?

-PhxSarge

Old 09-10-2004 | 04:35 PM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member
Default RE: PhxPhatboyeee

If you ever get the jiffy hog going, tell me. $19.95, that's too good to be true. Because of the prices, I bought a proper service manual and do my own service, except for the 10,000 milers. 4 in the last 3 years. Anyways, if you keep the oil and filter reciepts, you warenty stays intact.