Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide Bags on a Sport Glide

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2020, 11:48 AM
PTBadAss
Intermediate
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Street Glide Bags on a Sport Glide

I have a 2020 Sport Glide. Love the bike but the saddlebags suck. I put V&H big radius pipes on it so mufflers are not in the way of larger, top loading, paint matched bags but cannot find bags that fit the Sport Glide brackets. Any suggestions? Have new brackets fabricated? Thanks in advance.

The following users liked this post:
FnSpanner (01-06-2020)
Old 01-03-2020, 10:01 AM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

The Sport Glide is a Softail so Id contact the better manufactures of hard bag mounts for softails.
1. Cycle Visions
2. Sumax, they say fits all 2018+ https://sumax.com/product/sumax-stai...-bag-brackets/
3. BadDad https://www.baddad.com/products/part/80846

Old 01-03-2020, 10:34 AM
PTBadAss
Intermediate

Thanks. I've checked with a bunch of bag places and no luck but I'll try your links.

Old 01-03-2020, 10:44 AM
matte
Stellar HDF Member
Received 824 Likes on 451 Posts

Odds are the platform is too new. Look over diagrams of how they make theirs. There's always a possibility one that isn't made for yours will fit if the bolt spacing is set right.

Old 01-03-2020, 11:06 AM
PTBadAss
Intermediate

Agreed. Already heard back fro BadDad that they don't have anything yet. The hole spacing is different on the sportglide than on the touring models but the brackets are very much equivalent. Almost wondering if I can't buy touring bags and just put my sport glide brackets from the old bags on the new ones.

Last edited by PTBadAss; 01-03-2020 at 11:07 AM.
Old 01-04-2020, 07:04 AM
GRWHD
Road Warrior
Received 256 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by PTBadAss
Agreed. Already heard back fro BadDad that they don't have anything yet. The hole spacing is different on the sportglide than on the touring models but the brackets are very much equivalent. Almost wondering if I can't buy touring bags and just put my sport glide brackets from the old bags on the new ones.
Reading you statement "The hole spacing is different on the sportglide than on the touring models" makes me think they are missing interpreting your question/questions.
Do they make hard bag brackets to fit your bike?
They make kits for softails (for all softail I am not sure), do any of them fit your bike is the question.
You may need to make modifications (most kits let you know what will have to change {like turn signals}).
Once you find that out you need to decide what saddle bags you want to use.

If you find they make a kit to fit your bike, get one with the cross brace in the back.

Most kits will tell you they only work with 13 or older bags (mine does & its BS I have Rushmore bags (now).
I did have to change one bracket, but they fit.

Softail bagger search will net you quite a few posts on the subject.

Your biggest negative is its a M8 softail, not sure how many kits are available.
But they should be coming soon if they are not out yet.

Last edited by GRWHD; 01-04-2020 at 07:08 AM.
Old 01-04-2020, 08:04 AM
VernDiesel
Road Captain
Received 331 Likes on 235 Posts

I have a Sport Glide also. The newness and unique design of the saddle bag mounts don’t make it promising to find something specific to our bike. A more generic soft bag with adjustable straps such as bagman has sold might be the most promising.

The bags are a little small but my biggest gripe was no handles. I dig the quick detach but. I did a short weekend trip where I rode from Ft Meyers to Key West. It was disappointing when I got to the hotel & wanted to use them as luggage to carry in my clothes.

Old 01-05-2020, 05:29 AM
PTBadAss
Intermediate
Default Potential solution From previous poster

https://sumax.com/product/sumax-stai...-bag-brackets/

I’ll send pics and description after install.

The following 2 users liked this post by PTBadAss:
Pragmatic (01-05-2020), VernDiesel (01-05-2020)
Old 02-11-2020, 09:36 AM
Edward mac
Stage IV
Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2020 bags

Originally Posted by PTBadAss
I have a 2020 Sport Glide. Love the bike but the saddlebags suck. I put V&H big radius pipes on it so mufflers are not in the way of larger, top loading, paint matched bags but cannot find bags that fit the Sport Glide brackets. Any suggestions? Have new brackets fabricated? Thanks in advance.
would you like to sell them..I need a set?

Old 02-12-2020, 08:53 AM
PTBadAss
Intermediate
Default Happy to sell my old bags

Put on the Sumax brackets. They DID NOT fit per instructions on the sport glide but I made a couple small mods and they are perfect. Happy to assist others. Bags were purchased on Amazon -- low price and reasonable quality. Also added an 8" windshield -- doesn't help facial wind but clearly keeps more of it off your chest and looks better than stock (IMHO).

The following 3 users liked this post by PTBadAss:
Gostrydr (08-19-2020), OldMike (02-12-2020), saddlebag (05-04-2021)

Quick Reply: Street Glide Bags on a Sport Glide