Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide Bags on a Sport Glide

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2020, 06:46 AM
Mike Olsen
Stage I
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mod Update

Originally Posted by PTBadAss
Put on the Sumax brackets. They DID NOT fit per instructions on the sport glide but I made a couple small mods and they are perfect. Happy to assist others. Bags were purchased on Amazon -- low price and reasonable quality. Also added an 8" windshield -- doesn't help facial wind but clearly keeps more of it off your chest and looks better than stock (IMHO).

How have the bags held up since you have done the mod. Your small changes you made were they to the brackets or to the bags. Provide links if you can! Looks pretty slick!

The following users liked this post:
Pete Robertson (11-30-2020)
Old 08-06-2020, 11:56 AM
sgtjosh
3rd Gear
Received 26 Likes on 3 Posts

Put on the Sumax brackets. They DID NOT fit per instructions on the sport glide but I made a couple small mods and they are perfect. Happy to assist others. Bags were purchased on Amazon -- low price and reasonable quality. Also added an 8" windshield -- doesn't help facial wind but clearly keeps more of it off your chest and looks better than stock (IMHO).

Were you able to retain the quick detach feature with the new bags?

Old 08-06-2020, 12:13 PM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member
Received 905 Likes on 587 Posts

Maybe it's just me, but those touring bags look a little to big and out of place. Why not consider a cheaper alternative? A nice luggage rack and tail bag will fit the bill perfectly. I cant jam alot of gear into the bags on my Heritage, but the tailbag holds everything I need for 2, and not just a weekend. My GF is a bike packer, she doesn't need a rollaway suitcase to go away for a week like most chicks do.

Old 08-11-2020, 05:05 AM
PTBadAss
Intermediate
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Detachable bags

The bags come off with two pins but the bag frame remains attached. I don’t remove them as they store my rain gear, tools etc.

As to the dude with the suitcase on the sissy bar, that’s an option for weekend trips but those are rare for me. Just need some extra space for essentials. Going for practicality over old school looks.

The following users liked this post:
Pete Robertson (11-30-2020)
Old 08-11-2020, 10:42 AM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,943 Likes on 4,698 Posts

The bags come off with two pins but the bag frame remains attached. I don’t remove them as they store my rain gear, tools etc.

As to the dude with the suitcase on the sissy bar, that’s an option for weekend trips but those are rare for me. Just need some extra space for essentials. Going for practicality over old school looks.
I too was hoping you had a link to the Amazon bags and I really like the tour pack on there too. I like what you've done there, it looks really nice! I've been in the mood lately for more touring and my wife won't let me buy a SG right now. So, I've got what I've got to work with.

Old 08-12-2020, 05:08 AM
PTBadAss
Intermediate
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by RIPbiker13
I too was hoping you had a link to the Amazon bags and I really like the tour pack on there too. I like what you've done there, it looks really nice! I've been in the mood lately for more touring and my wife won't let me buy a SG right now. So, I've got what I've got to work with.
Complete Hard Saddlebags W Locks Latch Seal Fits Harley Touring Softail Dyna
Amazon Amazon

tour pak is from HogWorkz and it’s sitting on a two-up Harley Bracket.

Old 08-19-2020, 10:09 AM
Gostrydr
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good w/tourpak too! When I get a Sport Glide was thinking of doing this w/maybe a 2 into 1 muffler if clearance would work!

Old 10-30-2020, 03:36 PM
Sean Maloney
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just saw this post - i know its old, but if you still have the bags and hate them, ill buy them off you

I have a 2020 Sport Glide. Love the bike but the saddlebags suck. I put V&H big radius pipes on it so mufflers are not in the way of larger, top loading, paint matched bags but cannot find bags that fit the Sport Glide brackets. Any suggestions? Have new brackets fabricated? Thanks in advance.

Old 04-03-2021, 10:37 PM
Brian9751
Stage II
Default I want to buy your factory Sport Glide bags

I would like to buy your Sport Glide bags. I live in Orlando , please send me email with your contact info.
brian9751@gmail.com

Old 04-28-2021, 01:37 PM
Siim Järve
Stage I
Default Buyng

Hi,
i would like to buy your old bags if you still have those.
send me email. Siim_j@hotmail.com

Quick Reply: Street Glide Bags on a Sport Glide