Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heritage hard bags

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2019, 04:42 PM
Slingshot56
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I bought my 2015 Heritage...I purchased a PVC insert kit that keeps the bags from sagging. Keeps them looking like new and original....

​​​​​​https://leatherlidinserts.com/herita...lebag-inserts/

Good Luck!!

Old 11-07-2019, 09:54 PM
a207769s
Novice

Got everything bolted on to see how it fits. Barely clears the stock turn signals but it’ll work. Biggest problem I see is the stock heritage seat is too wide. Bag corners sit under it and hit it a good bit. Pretty sure I don’t have near enough adjustment to clear the seat. I guess I’ll see if a local upholstery shop can maybe trim/shave that area. Or I’ll buy a new slightly narrower seat. I was already going to see about having it repadded this winter. Guess I have to now. Anyone else run into this?

planning on leaving the passenger pillion off and getting a fender bib. I forgot about the giant rubbery sticker there to protect the fender. I hope it comes off ok. Seems too wide for a bib to cover. I will also do a lay down plate kit and a docking kit for removable sissy bar.

Old 11-09-2019, 05:24 PM
Penske
Intermediate
Received 29 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a set of oem hard bags from a 2009 Street Glide. Pm me if interested and I'll give you the details.

Old 11-10-2019, 08:38 AM
a99miata
Road Captain
Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts

I've seen these on 2 different softails and really like them https://www.tsukayu.com/HardbagsforHeritage_H.html This is the way I will be going when it is time......

Old 11-25-2019, 06:57 AM
Heritageglide
Intermediate
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I had the same problem on my 15 Heritage with the seat hitting the bags. I had a locale upholstry shop use the original seat pan and build me a seat that flows with the bike and does not interfere with the bags. Oh, that unfinished area in front of the bags, had custom panels made too.

The following users liked this post:
Low budget Dan (11-25-2019)
Old 11-25-2019, 09:00 AM
a207769s
Novice

Love the bike Heritage. I'm not doing a fairing this winter (not in the budget) but thats the look I am going for. Hard bags, solo seat w/ fender bib, and fairing. My father in law knows a local upholstery guy so I am going to have him do the same to my seat. Tank bib is shot after 16 years so he I am having him redo that as well. I cant find a fender bib made to fit the stock seat, the mustang ones look like they are made for their seats (or any seat that has the tab on the front seat). My stock setup has the tab on the pillion so I'll have him make me a bib to work on it. It looks like you have the sissy bar docking hardware. Did you put the saddlebag brackets on the inside or outside of the hardware? I havent got the hardware yet but I was hoping it would work with the bracket on the inside to keep the bags closer to the bike.

Old 11-25-2019, 03:19 PM
Low budget Dan
Road Master

Received 464 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by a207769s
Got everything bolted on to see how it fits. Barely clears the stock turn signals but it’ll work. Biggest problem I see is the stock heritage seat is too wide. Bag corners sit under it and hit it a good bit. Pretty sure I don’t have near enough adjustment to clear the seat. I guess I’ll see if a local upholstery shop can maybe trim/shave that area. Or I’ll buy a new slightly narrower seat. I was already going to see about having it repadded this winter. Guess I have to now. Anyone else run into this?

planning on leaving the passenger pillion off and getting a fender bib. I forgot about the giant rubbery sticker there to protect the fender. I hope it comes off ok. Seems too wide for a bib to cover. I will also do a lay down plate kit and a docking kit for removable sissy bar.

can you make some fitment adjustments they don’t appear to sitting square with the back end or level with the pipes

Old 11-25-2019, 09:30 PM
a207769s
Novice

Originally Posted by Low budget Dan
can you make some fitment adjustments they don’t appear to sitting square with the back end or level with the pipes
They definitely need some fine tuning but the seat is too large either way. They are really close to the turn signals. I actually like the stock turn signals but may end up going with a bullet style so I dont have to worry about them rubbing. I noticed that the right side doesnt look level with the pipes in the picture. Bags are off right now since I just detailed the bike, I need to get them back on and look at that. The hardware that came with the bracket kit was not so great to be kind about it. All of the bolts were a decent bit too small for the holes and allowed alot of wiggle room. I'll be headed to the hardware store to get things fitting better.