Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crusier Backrest question for Heritage

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 04:18 PM
waterdog
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Crusier Backrest question for Heritage

Hey folks, does anyone have this backrest from CruiserBackrest.com?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...;rd=1&rd=1

And if you do have it on a Heritage Classic, how do you like it?

It looks pretty good with the chrome bracket. I am also considering the Firehouse Customs backrest.

Thanks for any feedback,

waterdog

Old 07-15-2007, 04:26 PM
07FLSTC_Navy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Crusier Backrest question for Heritage

It says 86-06 but they most likely make one for the 07 as well. It appears just like the Firehousecustoms, except in chrome, and a maybe little wider at the base. I tried the Firehousecustoms and didn't like it because it sits you upright. I'm 6'2 and like to lean back further. I'm sure it's fine for shorter people and you like sitting straight up. They both look like very cheap leather, shiny and doesn't match your stock seats.

I opted for the Mustang wide solo with rider backrest and wide pillion. I couldn't be happier and my better half says the pillion is nite and day over stock.

Old 07-15-2007, 05:39 PM
HD Bones
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the FireHouse Custom Backrest and it looks great with the stock 07 Heritage. Keeps you an inch or two closer. Seats you upright to prevent lower back pain.

Old 07-15-2007, 06:14 PM
waterdog
Tourer

Thanks for the responces Navy and HD Bones.

I just got a message back from the vendor that it does NOT fit the 2007 Heritage, so it's a moot point after all I guess.

ORIGINAL: 07FLSTC_Navy

It says 86-06 but they most likely make one for the 07 as well. It appears just like the Firehousecustoms, except in chrome, and a maybe little wider at the base. I tried the Firehousecustoms and didn't like it because it sits you upright. I'm 6'2 and like to lean back further. I'm sure it's fine for shorter people and you like sitting straight up. They both look like very cheap leather, shiny and doesn't match your stock seats.

I opted for the Mustang wide solo with rider backrest and wide pillion. I couldn't be happier and my better half says the pillion is nite and day over stock.
Hey Navy, I'm 5'8" and so it might work for me a little better than it did for you. Do you still have the FirehouseCustoms backrest?

Old 07-15-2007, 06:43 PM
07FLSTC_Navy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I still have it. I used it for about 30 minutes so it's still brand spanking new in the box. Eventually I'll get off my **** and put it in the classifieds for $85, w/free shipping...it's $139 w/shipping from the company.

Old 07-17-2007, 07:41 PM
waterdog
Tourer

Yeah I still have it. I used it for about 30 minutes so it's still brand spanking new in the box. Eventually I'll get off my **** and put it in the classifieds for $85, w/free shipping...it's $139 w/shipping from the company.
Do you have any pics to post of the bike with the FirehouseCustoms backrest, and also of the Mustangsolo with rider backrest andpassenger pillion? I'd love to see how they look.

Old 07-17-2007, 09:47 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

ORIGINAL: waterdog

Do you have any pics to post of the bike with the FirehouseCustoms backrest, and also of the Mustangsolo with rider backrest andpassenger pillion? I'd love to see how they look.
This is one a Fat Boy, I hope it helps.
Firehouse:

Firehouse:

Mustang Backrest high with skinny rear pad

Mustang Backrest low with skinny rear pad

Mustang Fat rear pad

Mustang Fat Rear pad

Mustang Skinny Rear pad

Old 07-20-2007, 02:43 AM
waterdog
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Texas Fat Boy

ORIGINAL: waterdog

This is one a Fat Boy, I hope it helps.
Thanks for the Pics TX Fat Boy. It gives me an idea of how they look. ButI was hoping to seethe Heritage version though. Or is the Fat Boy seats the same as the Heritage????