Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2-up Question: Deluxe versus Heritage Classic

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 02:34 PM
WolfDog
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: 2-up Question: Deluxe versus Heritage Classic

Why buy saddle bags when you can buy the bike with them already on.

Most women I see have to carry something, saddlebags work great.........

To each his own I guess....They dont call it a Heritage Softail Classic for nothing.[8D]

We 2-up all over the place.......

Old 07-17-2007, 08:19 PM
lm1044
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am also in a similar place on trying to make a decision. I love the look of the Deluxe, from the first time I saw it. I also like the Fatboy but prefer the Deluxe. I recently started thinking I should by the Heritage for the reasons most have said, bags, windshield. However almost 100% of my riding will be one-up as my wife does not ride much. Think she may though with a new HD. Anyway, I also don't like the Heritage bars and asked the dealer today if I could change them to the Deluxe bars. Then I thought if I am going to do that why not by the Deluxe and add the windshield. Close to same cost. Ok, last thing...I am just over 6' tall and have heard the Deluxe is made for shorter people. Not sure I believe that but it made me feel like I was pushed a little close to the front. Is this in my mind? Sorry for the long reply, just want opinions to help. I really need to buy my first HD soon!! Thanks!!

Old 07-17-2007, 08:31 PM
mori55
Tourer

I have a 05luxe and the seat sucks if your tall, had to put a Heritage seat on it. The Deluxe bags are worthless, to small and they leak.
Don't get me wrong i love the Deluxe, but after buying a windsheild and Heritage bags and seat, i as might as well have bought a Heritage.

Old 07-18-2007, 11:36 AM
DMSC
Road Master

One more thing to consider...the Deluxe has longer shocks that lower the rear by 3/4" compared to the Heritage Classic. That also shortens the amount of travel which means that you have to up the shock preload or you'll bottom out more often. Even with the preload set ot it's highest setting, you may still find you bottom out when carrying a passenger and a few days worth of gear.

That's fine if you're like me and NEED the bike lower...I just have to deal with it. I also like a firmer ride when riding solo so the extra preload doesn;'t bother me on my daily rides.

Old 07-18-2007, 11:55 AM
drummerart
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I own a 07 heritage and love the bike. The look, the ride, the storage, all are great. Wife and I rode 1424 miles a couple weeks back and we had a great time. That said, she hates the passager pillion, so i'm going to have to get the touring model. I love the look of the Deluxe and was hoping that she would want to get her own bike and we could buy one of those to go with the heritage. Then we would have a nice set and could do some real travelling. Good luck with your decision. It's never easy.

Old 07-18-2007, 01:31 PM
marty44
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sure, you'll have to lay out some more money with the Deluxe to get all the goodies that come stdrd on the Heritage. But after spending 20K for both, what's a few more K to make it right. Go for the bike that turns you on. For me it was the Deluxe. I use a T Bag to carry the extras my wife or I need and don't need the larger saddle bags so that made it a little easier choice.

Old 07-18-2007, 02:56 PM
iowacruiser
Tourer

Once I replaced the pillion with the HD Touring Pillion and the passenger pegs with Kury adjustable, it has turned into a nice two-up ride for several hundred miles a day.