Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2-up Question: Deluxe versus Heritage Classic

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 10:14 AM
07deluxe
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2-up Question: Deluxe versus Heritage Classic

If you like the looks of the deluxe, get it. Both bikes will do you fine, its just a matter of personal choice, all the extras on the heritage can be purchased for the deluxe, I personally think the deluxe looks better, about a year ago my wife and I were in the market for a newscoot; it was a toss up between the 07 fatboy and the 07 deluxe, we both decided that the looks of the deluxe suited our tastes better. no regrets with our choice.

Old 07-13-2007, 10:49 AM
Philip1228
Cruiser

My wife and I ride a Fatboy, and my buddy and his wife ride a Deluxe. Other than looks they are basically the same ride. I find All softtails pretty much are the same frame,suspension, and engine they just have different looks. I really like the look of my buddies Deluxe and we pretty much go with the same options on seats,bars,etc. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Old 07-13-2007, 11:02 AM
ultraultra
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The one dealer was trying to get you into the most comfortable bike for riding 2-up… the touring line. The Road King gives you the ride without the fairing and is an EXCELLENT choice. You might be able to find an ’07 Custom. It doesn’t even have the windshield, and has a great retro look

Between the Deluxe and Heritage, there are a lot of things to consider. My wife has a ’07 Deluxe, so I know it well. It’s a great ride, and we have done some around town 2-up on it. (for you smart a$$es, she was in the back). It was very comfortable. I love the styling of it. It handles well in ALL situations.

On the Heritage, I really liked them until I took a demo ride. I didn’t like the handle bars. They just didn’t feel right to me. That’s easily changed out. You get the bags, backrest, and windshield included with the Heritage, and you’ll spend $1,400 to add it to the Deluxe. You WILL find the bags a necessity for long 2-up riding and overnighters. Having a place to store some rain gear for those unexpected pop-up showers will be appreciated. Having a place for your wife to store some “essentials” is priceless.

Good luck in your decision.

Old 07-13-2007, 05:58 PM
mlg911
Cruiser

I too am looking into a ride. I really liked the Road King but it was too tall for me. I liked the way that the Heritage felt with the 2 of us on it. I think for the money difference between the Deluxe and the Heritage. Our money will go to the Heritage so we start out with several of the options we want.

Old 07-13-2007, 07:20 PM
tcartwr332
Advanced

hey ultra , I thought i saw you on her bike you on the back....and you holding on to her??

Old 07-13-2007, 07:25 PM
Idaho Classic
Intermediate

A year ago I purchased an 06' Heritage Classic (Black Cherry)and I couldn't be happier with my choice. I do a lot of weekend trips 200-400 miles and I find all the features on the bike a must for any kind of long distance trips. The seat on the 06' is excellent (for me) also. The deluxe is a great bike too, but in my opinion, you might as well get the ride with the most goodies because you will probably wind up buying most of them anyway.

Good luck on your choice.

Old 07-13-2007, 10:19 PM
Still running
Road Warrior

My wife and I do a lot of two-up riding. I've got the passanger floor boards, and touring pillion seat, and the larger back rest. She's happy, which means I'm happy. We took a 280 mile trip to the mountains last week and the bike was a real pleasure to ride. I've got two friends I ride with, one has a Fat Boy, the other a Deluxe. Everyone likes their bike the best. Of course I'm the only one that has a rain suit, jacket,tool kit,etc. They got no place to put anything

Old 07-16-2007, 07:59 PM
mori55
Tourer

I have a Deluxe and i would recommend the Heritage. My reason you get the biggerbags with it, a windsheild and a lot of touring options that you don't have with the Deluxe. Don't get me wrong i love my Deluxe but it cost me more to add the Heritage bags and seat, the stock seat sucks on the Deluxe, the stock Deluxe bags are useless.
If you are planning a lot of two up riding do yourself a favor and get a RoadKing .

Old 07-17-2007, 02:22 AM
grzly
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Still running

My wife and I do a lot of two-up riding. I've got the passanger floor boards, and touring pillion seat, and the larger back rest. She's happy, which means I'm happy. We took a 280 mile trip to the mountains last week and the bike was a real pleasure to ride. I've got two friends I ride with, one has a Fat Boy, the other a Deluxe. Everyone likes their bike the best. Of course I'm the only one that has a rain suit, jacket,tool kit,etc. They got no place to put anything
i have the heritage ..... my mates on their fatty's, deluxe , wide glides love having me along so they can chuck their ***** in my bags..... I have added the detachable sissy bar and wide western handlebar, white walls ... stripped down now looks very similar todeluxe.
grzly

Old 07-17-2007, 01:39 PM
FKNDLX
Banned

The FKn'Deluxe comes with more chromestock than the Heritage or the FatBoy, I was hell bent on buying a Fat Boy for years, then Isaw the Deluxe, I agree with everyone that the Heritage has thebags andwindshield, but they can bepurchased easily. I bought adetachable windshield and have only used it twice,bought the fat passenger pillion and detachable sissy bar so the wifecan ride more comfortable than she wouldif it wasstock.always have loved the look of the Fat Boy but can't get past the solid wheels. The Heritage studded look does not appeal to me. I recenty puchased a Kuryakyn bag that attaches to the sissy bar so we had some storage, itholds almost double of what the saddle bags will.

Quick Reply: 2-up Question: Deluxe versus Heritage Classic