Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Consensus on cost-effective front lighting upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 03:40 PM
Chunker
Road Warrior
Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by soldierbot
Agree 100%. I used to be mildly annoyed that the passing lamps turn off when the high beam is engaged. Was thinking about rewiring them but since getting LED lighting all around, there is no point. I never use the high beams as with 5 bright lights up front...there is no point.

gratuitous bike picture showing the Sunpie headlamps and passing lamps...with Custom Dynamic turn signal inserts.

Actually Harley has an "interconnect" wire, or something to that effect that allows the passing/aux lights to stay on full time, including when using high beam. Newer models can have the ECU flashed to enable that feature. Not sure how far back the cable goes but my 11 FLHTK used it, the 15 was an ECU program. Takes about 5 minutes for the dealer to do it. I live in a rural setting with lots of critters and a lot roam at night. I have the right aux light aimed slightly right which helps illuminate the shoulder. The left one is aimed slightly left of center to illuminate the eyes of oncoming drivers who might turn in front of me. The advantage at night with high beams is it spreads the light pattern well to the sides.