Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help on this one.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2019 | 06:46 PM
Ricky2Guns
|
Tourer
Default Need some help on this one.

This item is sold from the Mateo.com site. Unfortunately during check out they say they don’t ship to my area. I,m in the good ol USA El Paso to be specific. This is the first time I’ve experienced a business not shipping to the US. Does anyone know where I can find a set of these for my 2013 Fatboy Lo?

Old 06-24-2019 | 10:21 AM
CaptainKirk
Road Master

No disrespect, but a set of what?

Old 06-24-2019 | 06:34 PM
Ricky2Guns
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by CaptainKirk
No disrespect, but a set of what?
The hard luggage in the picture.

Old 07-17-2019 | 10:01 AM
Ricky2Guns
|
Tourer

Got er dun

Last edited by Ricky2Guns; 07-17-2019 at 10:04 AM.
The following users liked this post:
YZR (07-18-2019)
Old 07-18-2019 | 02:53 AM
bustergut
Tourer

the website mentioned above is actually motea.com

Old 07-18-2019 | 08:29 AM
niv
Tourer

HA! For once it is the other way around... I encounter US-based businesses quite regularly that wouldn't ship overseas.

that said: motea orders all their stuff straight from China. So you are very likely to find the exact same product, most likely at a cheaper price on aliexpress.com

quality probably sucks, too.

best, niv

Old 07-18-2019 | 08:57 AM
CaptainKirk
Road Master

Sorry.... pictures don't always appear for me at work.

Old 07-19-2019 | 08:36 AM
Ricky2Guns
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by niv
HA! For once it is the other way around... I encounter US-based businesses quite regularly that wouldn't ship overseas.

that said: motea orders all their stuff straight from China. So you are very likely to find the exact same product, most likely at a cheaper price on aliexpress.com

quality probably sucks, too.

best, niv
Actually, the quality doesn’t suck. The brackets allow for a firm baseline and the bags are pretty good quality. The liner inside prevents stuff from getting scratched up like they did in my Harley leather bags. Big enough to fit my cowboy hat and anything else I need to or would like to carry. Fits my needs, I love the bags at the end of the day I guess that’s all that really matters. Now on the the air horn!

BTW, I actually found the bags at a company in California.

Last edited by Ricky2Guns; 07-19-2019 at 08:38 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Spindrifter (07-19-2019)
Old 07-20-2019 | 07:45 PM
niv
Tourer

Originally Posted by Ricky2Guns
Actually, the quality doesn’t suck. The brackets allow for a firm baseline and the bags are pretty good quality. The liner inside prevents stuff from getting scratched up like they did in my Harley leather bags. Big enough to fit my cowboy hat and anything else I need to or would like to carry. Fits my needs, I love the bags at the end of the day I guess that’s all that really matters. Now on the the air horn!

BTW, I actually found the bags at a company in California.
Good for you on both counts! Then maybe you should let everyone know where you bought them. Chinese imports are hit or miss, I feel. sometimes you get the exact same thing, but the less simple an item is, the more you run the risk of getting something that is off of what you are looking for. And that risk goes up exponentially if the manufacturer doesn't have an actual corporate buyer who tells them where to improve.

Old 07-20-2019 | 10:29 PM
Ricky2Guns
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by niv
Good for you on both counts! Then maybe you should let everyone know where you bought them. Chinese imports are hit or miss, I feel. sometimes you get the exact same thing, but the less simple an item is, the more you run the risk of getting something that is off of what you are looking for. And that risk goes up exponentially if the manufacturer doesn't have an actual corporate buyer who tells them where to improve.
This product is sold on Amazon, the company is listed as XFMT and ships out of Ontario, California US, I got it in 3 days. I had my local Harley dealer install it because I didn’t want to deal with the installation. I looked at some of the newer Harleys at the dealership that had hard bags. They seem to be made of the same ABS materials. The only difference I noticed is the newer Harley bags open with a hook latch on the inside (motorcycle body side). The XFMT open from the hinge chrome design you see on the outer side. The reviews on them are pretty good. The only CON listed was installation. We all know people’s ability to install ANYTHING varies so it shouldn’t be seen as a product issue. Again, mine are mounted solid, has plenty of space, locks with a key, and looks great. If there was a rating of 1 to 5 stars, I’d give it 5 stars. But like with anything you can’t make EVERYBODY happy.

BTW, I paid $295 shipped, Harley wanted $900 for theirs.