Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECE Certified Screaming eagle mufflers for Fat Bob 114

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2019, 12:46 PM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member
Received 962 Likes on 661 Posts

Originally Posted by j33ptj
Kesstech has similar but those systems cost aoround 3,000USD....

RJ
Yes for an exhaust... to make some noise

Old 05-29-2019, 01:23 PM
j33ptj
Road Warrior
Received 115 Likes on 81 Posts

Or to make some noise and prevent fines....

And you loose your passenger peg or at least it is placed at an awkward level, one foot up and one down....

Old 01-16-2022, 10:02 AM
roshanjk
Stage I
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hit there, I saw your post and removed that metal pipe. Was thinking that this SE cannons were a waste but after removing those pipes, it sound awesome. THANK YOU

Question: Still the engine sound is louder than the sound from the exhaust. Did you try any further modification with the SE cannons? Like removing that blockage inside? I was thinking to drill and make a 1 CM diameter hole.

The following users liked this post:
yyokes (04-22-2022)
Old 04-20-2022, 06:30 PM
Cootey
Road Captain
Received 249 Likes on 142 Posts

Hi guys, this is the ONLY post here or anywhere I can find discussing the ECE vs USA 50-state market Street cannons. here in Australia we get the USA-spec Street Cannons and they also have a removable baffle, so I suspect the only difference is the labelling for the EU.

Interesting!

Old 04-22-2022, 10:03 AM
yyokes
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by roshanjk
Hit there, I saw your post and removed that metal pipe. Was thinking that this SE cannons were a waste but after removing those pipes, it sound awesome. THANK YOU

Question: Still the engine sound is louder than the sound from the exhaust. Did you try any further modification with the SE cannons? Like removing that blockage inside? I was thinking to drill and make a 1 CM diameter hole.
Nope, I did not make any additional mods on the mufflers..

In fact, I have had an accident with the Fat Bob in 2020 july. I got hit by a car from the back. The bike was totalled but thanks to insurance, I've received 100% re-pay.

I had some injuries on the legs, some minor broken bones, etc but recovered in appx. 3-4 months.

Now I am planning to ride a new Fat Bob.. I am waiting for a 2022 Gunship Gray to be delivered..

As soon as I get it, I will put the same mufflers on it.... If I can find them of course, they are not listed for 2022 models on HD website...

We will see...

Old 04-22-2022, 05:14 PM
Cootey
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Cootey
Hi guys, this is the ONLY post here or anywhere I can find discussing the ECE vs USA 50-state market Street cannons. here in Australia we get the USA-spec Street Cannons and they also have a removable baffle, so I suspect the only difference is the labelling for the EU.

Interesting!
So my new pipe arrived (FLSB) and it's an ECE, apparently the only one we get in Oz now. And with the Db killer out it sounds awesome! Nice and deep but not offensive. Apparently you can cut the db killer down to vary the note from "fart" to how it is without db killer by shortening the length of the insert.

Oh and it runs amazingly. Can't wait until it's tuned next week on the dyno, it only has a canned tune right now. CR483, ventilator and tuner on a 107 FLSB.

Still glad I found this thread, even if it eas for a Fatbob. SE are doing some really good work.

Thanks guys!

yyokes (04-23-2022)
Old 07-11-2023, 12:53 AM
Matko131
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same SE Canons, but the DB killers doesnt seem to be removable. How come?

Old 07-11-2023, 03:44 AM
Cootey
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Matko131
I have the same SE Canons, but the DB killers doesnt seem to be removable. How come?
Those mufflers may be the non-ECE (US) versions, depending where you're from you may have got the US version that doesn't come with a removable baffle. They usually are a much louder muffler than the ECE with the baffle in.

Some exemptions of this are some of the 2021+ ECE mufflers, that can be easily identified by the second O2 sensor in the muffler as well as in the header near the barrels. So each cylinder has 2x O2 sensors. These may likely not have a removable baffle, but I've yet to see one.

Can you please take a pic of the part number on the muffler itself? I can look it up and that will also tell us everything.

cheers!

Old 07-11-2023, 05:37 AM
Matko131
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sending part number. So there is no way to remove it? Or just remove it for good?

Old 07-11-2023, 07:59 PM
Cootey
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Matko131
Sending part number. So there is no way to remove it? Or just remove it for good?
Interesting.

These are listed as the part for 49-state US and some international markets, I have found on other 49-state mufflers (which we don't generally get here in Australia, only the ECE certified ones) that they usually don't have a removable baffle.

The ECE ones all do.

Another interesting observation, they have been discontinued- I had to dig around in an old parts catalogue to find them.

They're as loud as they're going to get, somewhat. what I can tell you is that they will bed in and sound much nicer quite a bit more from brand new- persevere. They also give the best performance and throttle response of all the mufflers you can buy, up to stage 3+ with STOCK HEADERS.I had to beat this information out of Screamin' Eagle- they specify stock headers and SE mufflers up to stage 3 and above. They have some new systems (in cahoots with Akrapovic) for the 131 engines in Softails, and a full high-flow system in the touring models for this application, but the stock headers flow so well that they simply don't recommend anything else. I have seen big power and throttle response loss from a lot of aftermarket gear- big names too. Even S&S recommends for best performance, and response, LEAVE THE BAFFLES IN!!

Ride, enjoy.

xhris (06-09-2024)