Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Softail heritage exhaust options?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 05:33 PM
Itango2
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Softail heritage exhaust options?

New user with recent to me Softail. Looking to change out the slip ons with something that may extend further. Heat at a prolonged stop is flaming, and the one pipe exits under the bag which is damaging it. Not looking for more performance, or more/less noise. Just something that might be cooler, and longer.

Will be in and out with questions on upkeep to be taken care of going into sumer (I live in the Pacific Northwet) So the only thing we do in winter is work on our hotrods and make babies. I'll try to attach a pick of baby.

Wow, that's huge. Any tip on re-sizing before or after upload is appreciated.

Old 02-02-2019, 01:24 AM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

If your into a 2-1 pipe the V&H Pro Pipe is a good choice or the Big Shots Long if you want 2-1-2 lower than your stock setup and past the bags. On the Heritage I also like the "Softail Duals" gives it a nostalgic look
https://products.vanceandhines.com/s...ftail/page/12/

Old 02-02-2019, 07:02 AM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member
Received 905 Likes on 587 Posts

I have the V&H slip on, (seen in my sig pic) they're nice and the sound is good but I'm going full exhaust (and tuner) this year, straight shots or the big shots staggered (like on XARAN's Fatboy). I ran the Big Shot Staggered on my Dyna, looked great and loved the sound, great pipes. I considered fishtails for a while but they're every where, I'd rather stand out the blend in. Can't go wrong with V&H.

Nice bike by the way, take a look into stiffener kit for your bags, it'll do wonders for the look and bring back the shape.
I opted for http://www.leatherlidinserts.com/ but there's a few out there, my brother went this route http://www.gotsaggybags.com/

Last edited by 04FXDI; 02-02-2019 at 07:10 AM.
Old 02-02-2019, 11:14 AM
Itango2
5th Gear

Originally Posted by XARAN
If your into a 2-1 pipe the V&H Pro Pipe is a good choice or the Big Shots Long if you want 2-1-2 lower than your stock setup and past the bags. On the Heritage I also like the "Softail Duals" gives it a nostalgic look
https://products.vanceandhines.com/s...ftail/page/12/
That looks like what I'm looking for (your Fatboy), But could not seem to find them at the V.H. website (thanks for the link).

Old 02-02-2019, 11:21 AM
Itango2
5th Gear

Originally Posted by 04FXDI
I have the V&H slip on, (seen in my sig pic) they're nice and the sound is good but I'm going full exhaust (and tuner) this year, straight shots or the big shots staggered (like on XARAN's Fatboy). I ran the Big Shot Staggered on my Dyna, looked great and loved the sound, great pipes. I considered fishtails for a while but they're every where, I'd rather stand out the blend in. Can't go wrong with V&H.

Nice bike by the way, take a look into stiffener kit for your bags, it'll do wonders for the look and bring back the shape.
I opted for http://www.leatherlidinserts.com/ but there's a few out there, my brother went this route http://www.gotsaggybags.com/
Thanks 04. I'm surprised at how many exhaust systems are dumping the forward pipe out RIGHT AT the passengers foot peg. Mine is like that and the passenger gets a foot BBQ. And thanks as well for the bag links, I see it needing to happen. Are you sure Xarans are a big shot staggered? Cant seem to find anything where the forward pipe extends that far.

Old 02-02-2019, 12:52 PM
YZR
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,932 Likes on 973 Posts

Thanks for the leather lid insert link, I have been looking at saggy bags but will check these out too.

Old 02-02-2019, 06:16 PM
champ198
Tourer
Received 62 Likes on 26 Posts

My 07 heritage has V&H Big Shots and I dokt notice any major amount of heat off of them.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:02 PM
Itango2
5th Gear

Originally Posted by champ198
My 07 heritage has V&H Big Shots and I dokt notice any major amount of heat off of them.
Long or staggered? Looks like the staggered ends at the axle? I looked at the V.H. on a Youtube vid by them and they said they had a full cover so no discoloration. It would also suggest that that cover would reduce the heat.

Old 02-02-2019, 08:42 PM
Shane T
Tourer
Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

My 07 Deluxe with Big Shots Staggered. Have never noticed a problem with heat.

Old 02-02-2019, 08:52 PM
Itango2
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Shane T
My 07 Deluxe with Big Shots Staggered. Have never noticed a problem with heat.
Thanks. Looks like most everyone who has replied has suggested the straight shot staggered. After looking at the price I am once again thankful I'm not married.

If everyone looks close at my first post/picture you can see how hot the pipe is getting (bluing), and notice there is less than an inch between the bag and the pipe. It looks from all the pictures I've seen the straight shots are running a little lower.

Quick Reply: 2007 Softail heritage exhaust options?