Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deuce Sissy Bar/Pad

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007 | 07:50 AM
JR Indy
|
6th Gear
Default Deuce Sissy Bar/Pad

Newbie here, just purchased an 07 Deuce, all stock. I'm looking for a sissy bar/backrest for passenger and wanted to see what the collective comments were on what my options are.

Passengers will only ride occassionally. But when they do, it may be for longer trips, and I would like to make sure wife is comfortable when she does ride.

Will take longer solo rides and would like to be able to mount travel bag on sissy bar.

Options?

Thanks in advance,

John

Old 07-03-2007 | 08:20 AM
flibuoy
Extreme HDF Member
Default RE: Deuce Sissy Bar/Pad

I have the HD sissy bar, believe it is the most common combination..longer than shortest and has the small pad. Pain to remove and install, so you will probably have it on 99% of the time. I have an HD SAC bag that is specific to this combination, can be used on seat when solo and luggage rack two up. You are gonna be glad you have a Deuce...but not when it comes to sissy bars....I have a LePera Sorrento seat and it is way comfy front and rear. My wife rides and even she likes it back there. The stocker is grounds for you know what. John

Old 07-04-2007 | 06:12 AM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior

I have a Mustang solo seat, and the Mustang passenger pad, I also have the Deuce "short" sissy bar and the luggage rack, I have an HD SAC bag that fits the deuce luggage rack and the wide backrest.
it's a great combo for carrying stuff on some trips.

I ride solo most of the time and I have a Mustang fender bib in place of the passenger pad (see my sig pic).
Taking the sissybar on and off is a major pain, so I modified the passenger pad by mounting my Deuce sissybar (with luggage rack attached) to it, now it only takes less than 30sec to convert to 2 up riding!

I can take a few pics of the setupif you guys like.................... [8D]

Old 07-04-2007 | 07:11 PM
grammy
Intermediate

It only takes a couple of minutes to remove/replace the sissy bar. I have the tall, skinny pad and the sac bag. I only use the sissy bar when the wife goes with, and then I put on that ugly sundowner seat for her. The wide pad would look better with that seat and be more comfortable for her. It would be easy to change the pad, but then my bag would not fit. Just a couple of things to think about.

Old 07-04-2007 | 07:15 PM
Deuced512
Advanced

Yeah - I got the same thing - the tall backrest bar and pad from HD. Mounting it took a good 10 to 15 minutes, but I think that when (and if) I take it off - I'll just remove the upright bar and pad. Anyone ever try doing that and leaving the mounting plates under the fender and passenger seat? Let me know if it worked.

Old 07-04-2007 | 10:05 PM
NY Deuce
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Deuce Bigelow

Taking the sissybar on and off is a major pain, so I modified the passenger pad by mounting my Deuce sissybar (with luggage rack attached) to it, now it only takes less than 30sec to convert to 2 up riding!

I can take a few pics of the setupif you guys like.................... [8D]
DB, I would be very interested in seeing the pics of the set up you describe. If you have pics please post them up.

Old 07-05-2007 | 07:55 AM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior

I replied in the Deuce picture thread, I'll post some pics here later..........

Old 07-05-2007 | 08:14 AM
JR Indy
|
6th Gear

Thanks guys, I put on the tall bar and pad. A pain to put on, but can remove the bar and leave the mounting plates when not needed. I purchased the SAC as well, nice fit and should work great for the upcomming road trip.

Thanks again for the input.

Old 07-06-2007 | 09:03 AM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior

Pics of my passenger pad and sissy bar are posted in the Deuce picture thread.

https://www.hdforums.com/m_191784/mp...tm.htm#1872664

Old 07-07-2007 | 09:46 AM
ditch_dgr
Road Master

I used this one from Harley for the wife's Deuce, took about 20 minutes to install.

[IMG]local://upfiles/18134/41BAA8A789C44F6EB49EF76742ABCE08.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/18134/51CC4677578843FA8A03B24470055334.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Deuce Sissy Bar/Pad