Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air shocks for a softail worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007 | 09:03 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Air shocks for a softail worth it?

LOL

You shine on still, if you didn't respond with insults it wouldn't have gotten this way.

It is clear you had no point other than insulting.

Glad you apologized too, but you owe me an apology. These threads are public, I gave my opinion on an inanimate object, you on the other hand insult me personally. You are the clear idiot here.

Old 07-05-2007 | 10:07 PM
Hammer02
Road Warrior

Truth hurts man.

As John Wayne once said...." Life is Tough...but even Tougher when you're stupid."

Sorry about that.

Old 07-06-2007 | 01:31 AM
Bluerose

Boys boys...I go away for jsut a little bit and look at you two go. Now shake hands and make up or go to your rooms!

Now......
Anymore constructive comments on air shocks? I looked under my bike I was surprised at how little of the piston rod was actaully showing (May a 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch).

I still need to go pick up the tool but I'm off to Hollister tomorrow.So it will have to be next week.

Old 07-06-2007 | 02:25 AM
darkside
Banned

Try setting the pre-load pretty stiff on your shocks .I think it will help quite a bit since you have added some extra weight to the bike and it's probably bottoming out on bigger bumps . Nothing like the air ride though.Who knows it might make it bearable for now?

Old 07-07-2007 | 12:38 AM
ENZOTHEBAKER
Tourer

The air ride was the best mod I have done to my Deluxe. It makes the ride so much smoother that I am getting the same set up for my Springer as well. A change of seat will help, but if you want a real difference you have to go with air. Check with Shooter 64, he will take them back if you are not satisfied--he did with me anyway, and hes cheap.

Old 07-07-2007 | 04:52 PM
Old No7
Novice

THE ANSWER IS SHOTGUNSHOCK, THE ONLY HIGH PERFORMANCE AIR RIDE FOR SOFTAILS. ONE DAY ALL SOFTAILS WILL ROLL OFF THE ASSEMBLY WITH THE SHOTGUNSHOCK JD 323 3594914 www.shotgunshock.comshotgunshock@yahoo.com

Old 07-07-2007 | 05:35 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member

intresting mate...

keep ya book marked

Old 07-07-2007 | 07:08 PM
Old No7
Novice

I notice from the frequent pics of your bike that when it comes to suspension you prefer the dirt bike look. Its okay to modify your bike, this is the good old USA. where we call each other Bro, not mate. mark that in yuor book

Old 07-07-2007 | 07:23 PM
Old No7
Novice

which air ride are you using and how did you decide to go with that system.? are there any safty issues involved with the system you are using and how diffiicult is it to install and maintain?

Old 07-07-2007 | 07:32 PM
Hammer02
Road Warrior

Mine was ok to install....the difficulty came from the instructions or lack thereof. Do yourself a favor and get the instructions right.

I replied to your email and while I am surely no expert...there are issues with that style of shock as well as some of the others.

The perfect system hasn't been invented yet.

Quick Reply: Air shocks for a softail worth it?