Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Surprise Test Ride of a 2019 Harley Heritage Classic

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2021 | 08:11 AM
wz2wj1
6th Gear

I too am 65+. I don't have any problems with my back, but I've only ridden a couple of hours at a time. I like the Heritage because it doesn't have all the accessories the bigger bikes have. The only problems I've had at cruising speeds of 65+ is the 18 wheelers passing me. You are right the turbulence does push you around. Haven't noticed any vibration on mine. I was surprised at how smooth it was at 70 mph, not that I go that fast all the time. My problem is after a couple of hours of riding my legs feel a little weak. So I every morning I exercise and them hit the tread mill. Hopefully I'll be good to go in the spring.

Last edited by wz2wj1; 01-10-2021 at 09:25 AM.
The following users liked this post:
tngarren (01-16-2021)
Old 01-11-2021 | 04:06 PM
LXT
Road Master

Read any of my posts regarding the new Heritage platform & everything being said here is spot on, I rode the New Heritage on many occasions & different bikes - I think the real issue is that the aftermarket has nailed down all the short comings the Twin Cam Heritages had & once those items are put on the bike is right there with the new models.

I like the twin cam models better - they`re heritages, the new ones lost the vibe in their new styling, I saw one on here posted his 02 or 03 88ci with cam & tune seemed to pull just as good - those 88`s are a dam good engine & if the tensioner issue is fixed youll get many miles outta that mill, Harley is doing themselves a dis service by re inventing their platforms with advances that have bben around for decades & charging a ridiculous amount for them. for the hell of it I priced a roadglide limited sticker was at 34K with the Zephr blue/Black option..........WTF, its a beautiful bike but 34K, I talked with a dealership that has a 2016 mysterious red Roadglide ultra - caught my eye, they want 19,5K & wont budge, salesman told me new ones are over 30-32K this is a deal at 19.5K...........LMFAO I said - its a 5 year old bike sitting on your showroom floor & it will stay there.

To me the new bikes are shiny, with hit or miss paint choice a side from that they are cheap in all other aspects, those on here who say, the suspension is better, the brakes are better, the engine has more power, etc.. I say so what, HD should have been providing these refinements all along, the metrics did & Indian comes on the scene & incorporates more power & better suspension right off the get go, HD is behind on the advances & those of us with the TC platform can get just as good advance put on our already paid down or paid off bikes & they`re just as good & look better.

30-34K motorcycles & they`re not CVO`s absurd......... I thought a 42K Toyota Tundra was expensive, Maybe Im cheap, I dunno but for 2 wheels & a fraction of the mechanicals Im not paying that...!

tngarren (01-16-2021)
Old 01-11-2021 | 04:29 PM
Will Belden
Tourer

Paid $16K for my '16 Heritage in 2017. 300 miles, already had Stage 1. (Guess the original owner didn't like the weight after spending all that money!)

It's been a wonderful bike, and I loathe thinking about the day I might have to replace it. Compare to the wife's Sportster, it's just a smooth, well-balanced ride. (I've never ridden one of the big touring bikes, and I've never tried anything new since I bought it.... I don't need "new stuff envy"!)

Old 01-11-2021 | 04:36 PM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member

I'll keep my 05 over anything new. I've said it before too, every time the GF and I load up my Heritage, I always say I want a touring bike, but when we return , regardless of a quick weekend getaway or a week long trip, the bottom line is, I'll keep her around a few more years.

Goldstar225 (01-16-2021)
Old 01-16-2021 | 05:15 PM
tngarren
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Just one guy's opinion. I test rode a 2019 Road King this afternoon. I was looking for something a little more stable than my '07 Heritage on interstates. It was my first ride on a RK and I have no doubt that is is better for interstates, more luggage capacity maybe and two up riding. However, my old Heritage is softer, smoother, and much more enjoyable to ride on two lanes. Not to mention the Heritage is just a better looking bike. I can't give up the two lane fun for the interstate comfort since I on two lanes 90%, never ride two up, wash clothes in the hotel sink and dry'em hanging of the bike the next day (no huge need for the extra luggage capacity).

So then I looked at the 2021 Heritage as I would love some cruise control, 107 c.i. and quieter pipes than my V&H. Nice looking bike, bags and stock pipes sound really good but UGGHHH, what is up with fuel tank emblem and who was the cost savings genius that removed the heel shifter. Can't see spending $15K for that upgrade.