Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport Glide Street Cannon requires 3 parts?!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2018 | 07:05 AM
Ludwig von Buzzthoven
Road Warrior

In 2 weeks I’ll be having a full OEM Stage 1 installed on my ‘18 Deluxe as part of my 1,000 mile service. I didn’t really want to go with the MoCo tuner and SE SC mufflers, but I didn’t want to kill my warranty. If I don’t like the set up, I’ll run some other exhaust with a FP3 down the road.

I didn’t bother buying heat shields for the SC’s. I do not have them on my ‘17 Slim/do not seem to miss them at all.

Old 08-23-2018 | 07:52 AM
TedMan
Road Warrior

If I get the SG, I'd really want to stick RB Racing's full 2-1 with the 45 deg. turnout on it. Paired with an AC, proper cam and Power Vision, that would be a great sounding, great performing stage 2. Maybe just go with the Tab's to start, and if you need warranty work, just go and swap back to stock? Good luck with your decision.

Last edited by TedMan; 08-23-2018 at 07:54 AM.
Old 08-23-2018 | 09:31 AM
RobertJO
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Maccam26
OH and @ RobertJO, please report back on the sound of the Street Cannon vs. Stock when completed. have fun..... I just may break down after I hear one..
I wasn't aware that you could record sessions for tweaking with the tuner. The rest sounds doable. It may be a few weeks, but I'll post back up with results.

Old 08-24-2018 | 09:10 AM
cchuck3537
Tourer

Would love to hear how the the street cannons sound as well. Harley made me wait so long for the slip on then decided to charge a crazy amount for it... At $500 for all the parts I am only a few bucks away from a full system... (I do love having a warranty though)

Old 11-27-2018 | 09:15 PM
RollTideRoll
Advanced

Does anyone have a review of the street cannon for a sportglide yet?

Old 11-28-2018 | 09:25 PM
14IronCross
Banned

I've had the Street Cannon on my Sport Glide for about 1000 miles now I also have AC ventilator and SEPST and downloaded stage 1.
So far I like them a lot. Not loud at idle and cruising which is easy on the ears when going for 5-6 hour rides. Just gets "loud" when squeezing the throttle...
Did not lose any low end torque (butt dyno), actually feels like i gained some torque and the bike feels like it does not have asthma anymore when above 3500 rpm.
Not a huge difference with stock, it just pulls slightly harder for longer.
Keeping the nice low end torque from the stock config was my highest priority. I tried TAB exhaust with zombie baffles but i lost too much perceived low-end torque, just lots of noise.

Next will be Stage II Torque Cams.
I am not trying to squeeze every single Tq/HP out of the engine, that's why i don't care about going with after market parts.

Old 12-01-2018 | 07:41 AM
ender71
6th Gear

On my sport glide I put street cannon exhaust, high flow ac and stage II power cam kit. the bike is more fun to ride now, a lot!
The revs go up a lot faster and the bike si more "ready" in any condition. The exhaust is not too loud but is more satisfying for my ears when opening the gas.
Here a short video on how it sounds

The following users liked this post:
Landshaper (12-06-2018)
Old 12-01-2018 | 11:40 AM
RollTideRoll
Advanced

Originally Posted by 14IronCross
I've had the Street Cannon on my Sport Glide for about 1000 miles now I also have AC ventilator and SEPST and downloaded stage 1.
So far I like them a lot. Not loud at idle and cruising which is easy on the ears when going for 5-6 hour rides. Just gets "loud" when squeezing the throttle...
Did not lose any low end torque (butt dyno), actually feels like i gained some torque and the bike feels like it does not have asthma anymore when above 3500 rpm.
Keeping the nice low end torque from the stock config was my highest priority. I tried TAB exhaust with zombie baffles but i lost too much perceived low-end torque, just lots of noise.

I am not trying to squeeze every single Tq/HP out of the engine, that's why i don't care about going with after market parts.
Glad to hear you like it. I too have tried the tab muffler with zombie baffle and felt like I lost too much torque. Also had a nasty exhaust leak I couldnt get rid of. I ordered the street cannon a couple of days ago so hopefully I will have it next week

Old 12-01-2018 | 11:48 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Funny a friend of mine at work was just bitching about having to by the tips for his dealer supplied pipes separate for 18 CVO, bastards get you coming and going anyway they can.

Old 06-13-2019 | 11:56 PM
Gordie Peters
Stage II
Default Sport glide street Cannon muffler

Originally Posted by 14IronCross

I'm running the street Cannon muffler myself with a FP3 tuner and screaming eagle aircleaner and I've been doing a bit of asking around and a bit of net searching there is a tail pipe attached to the muffler held in by three toque screws that was put in to quieten the muffler down to comply with EPA laws in Australia and California remove that and you will get ya screaming eagle instead of a screaming budgie 🤪😂

The following users liked this post:
Cootey (12-15-2022)

Quick Reply: Sport Glide Street Cannon requires 3 parts?!?