Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think I got water in the engine....

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007 | 12:30 PM
lblax
Tourer
Default RE: I think I got water in the engine....

pull off all your wires at the connectors spray with wd-40 change your plugs get some seafoam start the bike and run seafoam directly through the carb. sea foam was origional made for boats that had been submergered it wont take much a couple minutes at most i certainly wouldnt let it set if you think there may be water in it .

Old 06-30-2007 | 12:43 PM
Hammer02
Road Warrior

You didn't read the whole thread did you?

Old 06-30-2007 | 12:50 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace

ORIGINAL: lblax

pull off all your wires at the connectors spray with wd-40 change your plugs get some seafoam start the bike and run seafoam directly through the carb.
CAn somebody tell me how you get a carb on a bike with an ECM controlled FI system?
Or is the newest way for the MOCO to screw with our heads, all this after I was just begining to really get a good understanding of the Delphi FI system.

Old 06-30-2007 | 03:04 PM
Moondognyc
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Hammer02

Sounds like someone has their monthly visitor. [&:] Moondog is your mangina hurting or something?

Unplugging the PCIII is not difficult advice....it's not like you cured cancer for him or something......the process of elimination would have gotten to the PCIII pretty quickly. If you expect something for advice given on here then my advice is to stop giving it.

Tim...the error code was probably due to the water....it will show up for a time unless you actually clear the code. I think that your real trouble is behind you once you dried out the connector.

Some people's kids man. [:@]

Hey Hammer... You seem to have missed the partwhereTrob666 and Iwere joking....
About the advice:
Nowhere inthe previous postswas anything mentioned about a PC3 until I told him to forget water in the motor and to check it.Others were saying it was a wet air filter and that he may have a problem with water in the motor. Now it may not be difficult advice, but it was the right advice. Working with bikes often, I can tell you that it might not be a cure for cancer, but it sure feels good when your bike is running well.
When he found it (after reading my blurb) he responded to others by saying it was in factthe PC3 and that it was now throwing error codes. To which I again gave advice.
Trob666 and I seem to have no problem, but you appear to be insistent on making sure there is a problem.
Now I have not been a contributor to this site much, but as with any online site, if someone gives you an answer to yourdilemma and itdoesn't cost a dime, it is usually common courtesy to acknowledge that person in your next few posts. But that's just me.

Advice is free, but being an a-hole is uncalled for. You don't know me , but if you feel the need to jump in and champion this cause, have at it, but be prepared for the comeback.
Your only contribution to his problem is not only partly wrong , it's also regurgitating what I have already stated (and without any explanation why).. ..good job !

Old 06-30-2007 | 03:59 PM
DR.Greenthumb
Road Master

WD40 works great. Little known use for it.

Tim...I doubt the code has to do with the blinker...it was probably related to the PCIII.

I don't even have front blinkers on my bike at all...I unplugged them altogether and I get no codes.

Glad it's up. Electric tape will help but you want to goop it with grease too if you can.
Hey Hammer,When I removed my front signals all hell broke loose with my electronics.Speedo and tach went berserk,check engine light and security icon on all the time.Did you have any of these issues??

Old 06-30-2007 | 06:07 PM
Hammer02
Road Warrior

Nope.

The rear blinkers blink faster than normal but that's it.

Old 06-30-2007 | 06:09 PM
Hammer02
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Moondognyc

Sounds like someone has their monthly visitor. [&:] Moondog is your mangina hurting or something?

Unplugging the PCIII is not difficult advice....it's not like you cured cancer for him or something......the process of elimination would have gotten to the PCIII pretty quickly. If you expect something for advice given on here then my advice is to stop giving it.

Tim...the error code was probably due to the water....it will show up for a time unless you actually clear the code. I think that your real trouble is behind you once you dried out the connector.

Some people's kids man. [:@]

Hey Hammer... You seem to have missed the partwhereTrob666 and Iwere joking....
About the advice:
Nowhere inthe previous postswas anything mentioned about a PC3 until I told him to forget water in the motor and to check it.Others were saying it was a wet air filter and that he may have a problem with water in the motor. Now it may not be difficult advice, but it was the right advice. Working with bikes often, I can tell you that it might not be a cure for cancer, but it sure feels good when your bike is running well.
When he found it (after reading my blurb) he responded to others by saying it was in factthe PC3 and that it was now throwing error codes. To which I again gave advice.
Trob666 and I seem to have no problem, but you appear to be insistent on making sure there is a problem.
Now I have not been a contributor to this site much, but as with any online site, if someone gives you an answer to yourdilemma and itdoesn't cost a dime, it is usually common courtesy to acknowledge that person in your next few posts. But that's just me.

Advice is free, but being an a-hole is uncalled for. You don't know me , but if you feel the need to jump in and champion this cause, have at it, but be prepared for the comeback.
Your only contribution to his problem is not only partly wrong , it's also regurgitating what I have already stated (and without any explanation why).. ..good job !
You can get pills for that bloated, not so fresh feeling.

Run along now sparky.

Old 06-30-2007 | 06:57 PM
Moondognyc
Tourer

[/quote]

You can get pills for that bloated, not so fresh feeling.

Run along now sparky.
[/quote]

These little quips are probably regurgitated too....
think for yourself chuckles....

Old 07-01-2007 | 04:11 AM
T_Rob666
|
Banned

Damn!! I'm away from the forum for 15 hours and all hell breaks loose!! LOL

Well, got a new problem...when I last spoke to Jamie at FuelMoto he told that there is a new firmware update for the PCIII and that I need to load it...he told me where it was and I proceeded to do this before I was supposed to go out last night. Well, for some reason, the upload kept start over, and over, and over...I thought at first, maybe this was a big upload, so I left it for about 20-25 minutes. Well, needless to say, it was still doing the same thing, so I shut the program down, unplugged it from the bike and then got a really sick feeling in my stomach like I shouldn't have stopped it...but I really had no choice...it's not like Jamie told me "Hey, Tim...they upload is gonna take 20-30 mins, so be preparred." I went to start the bike and NOTHING!! The PC has been wiped freakin' clean!! I hooked it back up to the laptop and it doesn't even recognize it anymore. Just my freakin' luck!! I was supposed to head out with my brothers in an hour and this crap happens...it was "supposed" to be easy!! LOL So, I proceeded to call Jamie...guess what? They are closed on Saturdays!! I called Power Commander...guess what? They are closed on Sats!!! Now, the bike is dead in the water till Monday unless somebody can help me out.

Thankfully, I still have my Honda Shadow Spirit, so I still went out. I was in a pissy mood for a while, but had a good time.

So, anybody?? LOL