Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Having trouble selling my 2015 Softail Slim

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2018 | 12:11 PM
bigconan
|
Advanced
Default Having trouble selling my 2015 Softail Slim

I'm selling my Softail Slim and as the title states; I'm having trouble selling it...for all intents and purposes, it's pretty much a brand new bike...only has 655 miles on it...I've spent close to 3 grand on modifications...and these mods are what normal guys get for the bikes anyways...stage 1 tune....Vance and Hines exhaust...new seat, new bars...etc....also spend a good penny getting the bike powder coat all black...I started out asking $14,200. I'm now down to 13 Grand...I have on cycle trader, auto trader, craigs list...and on ebay, which ran out...only 1 offer on ebay for 5 grand...which was such a rediculous offer and didn't even counter...is it just the wrong time of year(mid summer)?

I know some will say, that you can't count mods, but lets get real...If most guys are going to spend money on the things my bike already has, of course I'm going to add that in to the price..I spent my hard earned money on them and I wanna get some money back on it...I have seen many bikes online going for huge prices, much older bikes with far more miles on it...and they are all charging for mods.

Last edited by bigconan; 07-30-2018 at 12:20 PM.
Old 07-30-2018 | 12:27 PM
M8_Softails
Tourer

You might get money for the mods from a private owners. Most dealers won't give you anything for them (maybe for a trade-in). I have better luck listing my add-on parts on eBay.
When I traded my 18 Road King (with about 2k in mods) in for my 18 LR I did get a 3k parts/accessory credit. What they (dealer) paid for stuff I bought was probably around 1.5k.
used Harleys/bikes seem soft lately.

Old 07-30-2018 | 12:28 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin
Veteran: Army

You can't count mods. Sorry, but that's just the way it is. You can deny it all you want but it doesn't change anything. You need to deal with it.

Old 07-30-2018 | 12:28 PM
laz
Extreme HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Riders Club Member

Don’t know about your neck of the woods, but down here in Alabama, nice bikes are sitting on Craigslist for months at a time. I bought my 2015 Heritage with 4,100 miles last month for $12k (it was listed at $12,900). Between chrome and V&H long shots, it easily has $1500 to $2000 in add-ons.

Be stubborn if you want, but your aftermarket stuff depreciates by 50-90% the minute you install it on your bike. Most bikes down here are listed for at least 10% below KBB value. A three year old slim at $13k wouldn’t get much attention. I suggest you look at your competition on eBay and CL and price accordingly.

Last edited by laz; 07-30-2018 at 12:29 PM.
Old 07-30-2018 | 12:37 PM
bigconan
|
Advanced

My bike only has 655 miles on it..hasn't even had it's 1000 mile checkup yet...I can understand not counting certain mods. but things like a stage 1 tune or vance and hines exhaust...these are things most guys get for the bike anyways...or a new better seat...better bars, etc...I realize they go down in value, but i should get at least something for them...I can't sell them separately, cause I no longer have the original parts...

Old 07-30-2018 | 12:38 PM
bigconan
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by IzzoQuazzo
You can't count mods. Sorry, but that's just the way it is. You can deny it all you want but it doesn't change anything. You need to deal with it.
Even if i don't count the mods, it still only has 655 miles on it...I should be getting near new price for it.

Old 07-30-2018 | 12:40 PM
bigconan
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by laz
Don’t know about your neck of the woods, but down here in Alabama, nice bikes are sitting on Craigslist for months at a time. I bought my 2015 Heritage with 4,100 miles last month for $12k (it was listed at $12,900). Between chrome and V&H long shots, it easily has $1500 to $2000 in add-ons.

Be stubborn if you want, but your aftermarket stuff depreciates by 50-90% the minute you install it on your bike. Most bikes down here are listed for at least 10% below KBB value. A three year old slim at $13k wouldn’t get much attention. I suggest you look at your competition on eBay and CL and price accordingly.
Most 3 year old bikes don't have 655 miles on it...low miles needs to be taken into consideration.

Old 07-30-2018 | 12:42 PM
army_eod
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by bigconan
My bike only has 655 miles on it..hasn't even had it's 1000 mile checkup yet...I can understand not counting certain mods. but things like a stage 1 tune or vance and hines exhaust...these are things most guys get for the bike anyways...or a new better seat...better bars, etc...I realize they go down in value, but i should get at least something for them...I can't sell them separately, cause I no longer have the original parts...
Dude. The market is what it is...not what you want it to be.
Go see what the same bike is selling for. Price accordingly.

Old 07-30-2018 | 12:43 PM
laz
Extreme HDF Member
Riders Club Member

Most 3 year old bikes don't have 655 miles on it...low miles needs to be taken into consideration.
OK. Good luck.

Old 07-30-2018 | 12:45 PM
laz
Extreme HDF Member
Riders Club Member

Even if i don't count the mods, it still only has 655 miles on it...I should be getting near new price for it.
If I’m the one reading that ad, here’s my thought process: Dude has a garage queen he wants out from under. I’m gonna lowball him.

Quick Reply: Having trouble selling my 2015 Softail Slim