Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Having trouble selling my 2015 Softail Slim

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2018 | 02:38 PM
bigconan
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by saltlick
Pretty much what i have seen is list it at the bare bottom price of what your willing to sell it for....then take 2 grand off that if you actually want to sell it.
the owner of this bike place emailed me, offering 10 grand for it...at first I thought it was way too low...now, if he's offering 10 grand, he must know he can get alot more for it..cause he'll want to make money off the bike.

Old 07-30-2018 | 02:45 PM
ppilotmike
Road Captain

Lots of bikes for sale for the small group of people still buying Harleys equals they get to set the price, just the way it is. If you really want to sell it you need to lower your asking price every week, maybe by $200 till you attract a buyer. Good luck with your sale. Heres another way you can look at it, I bought a new Sport Glide in Feb of this year for ***** and giggles I just went on Ebay to look at sold listings for my bike. None have sold and there is someone begging for an offer with his set price at $15K. I would guess he will be losing at least $4K with the accessories he has installed and yes it is very low miles.

Old 07-30-2018 | 03:34 PM
SanJuanRon
Outstanding HDF Member

Ride it for many thousands of miles this summer and fall and try to sell it again in the spring. I know you don’t want to hear that....

Old 07-30-2018 | 03:36 PM
sidthafish
Novice

Your bike books at $10k trade; $12k private sale. Low mileage and mods (as most have said already) are largely irrelevant. Not to mention you are competing with a completely redesigned 2018 model that can be had (brand new) for $15k or less. I'd take the $10k offer and cut your losses. Otherwise, be patient with the private sale. Either way, your bike gets older, the used market becomes more saturated and in a year you'll have to compete with used 18s on the market.

Good luck with the sale.

Old 07-30-2018 | 03:50 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin
Veteran: Army

Why would I pay near new price for a bike that's 3 years old when I can get a newer or new bike for the same price? Don't forget your mods are also 3 years old.

Old 07-30-2018 | 04:31 PM
laz
Extreme HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by bigconan
Many issues I didn't expect...hands going numb after only 10 minutes of riding...so me wanting to go on a couple hour ride is out of the question...nobody to ride with...people constantly riding up your ***...and they seem to do it on purpose...and with my temper, that just don't bode well for me...when i was riding, I often thought about getting a gun, cause i was tired of people...the only time I ever rode it was to the gym and back and around town a bit...It definitely had its moments though...but you literally have to worry about everything you do...
So just curious, but was this your first ever bike?

Old 07-30-2018 | 04:50 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member

For me when shopping for a bike if its used its used. I don't even look if the milage is super low, to much setting around. If a bike is 3 years old and a brand new one list at 16,000 the used one would need to be 10,000 tops, and I don't care what they put on it. I would rather spend extra 6000 and be brand new. But this is just me.

Old 07-30-2018 | 06:35 PM
Tom84FXST
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by bigconan
the owner of this bike place emailed me, offering 10 grand for it...at first I thought it was way too low...now, if he's offering 10 grand, he must know he can get alot more for it..cause he'll want to make money off the bike.
Yep... he can get quite a bit more for it IF he is financing it...or offering a warranty...things you probably wouldn't want to do.

Old 07-30-2018 | 10:29 PM
Sixgunjr
Cruiser

How does one have a motorcycle for 3 years and only have 600ish miles on it. Why are you wanting to sell it? Just don’t like riding motorcycles? Do you not like the Slim? One of my favorite Harley’s. Sorry just curious because I see this a lot. Myself puts 600 miles on a new bike in 2-3days of owning it. LoL
Keep it and ride it, there was a reason ya bought it.

BTW, I think you’re having troubles selling because everyone wants the new model SOFTAIL. Yeah they’re that nice. Ride is so much better.

Last edited by Sixgunjr; 07-30-2018 at 10:37 PM.
Old 07-30-2018 | 11:08 PM
Dave0176
Tourer

Anything not named StreetGlide or RoadGlide just doesn’t seem to be selling. I bought my 2009 Softail Custom with thousands in Genuine HD accessories, most I didn’t want and took off anyway. But I got it for $6800 10K miles. The Deluxe still brings a good payday, but the twin cam softail line seems weak.

Quick Reply: Having trouble selling my 2015 Softail Slim