Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Having trouble selling my 2015 Softail Slim

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2018 | 12:46 PM
saltlick
Road Warrior

Ive about given up trying to sell mine. Been up for months and not one Text, or even a low ball offer email. Im not even trying to count in all the extras, just trying to get low Nada value for it. Not sure if its harley davidsons or if it motorcycles in general but dam ive never seen it like this before. I would suggest to everyone out there if you dont want to get screwed selling your bike right now DONT try selling it. Hold onto it and try again some other year. This is awful. Oh and if your looking to buy? Nows the time!

Old 07-30-2018 | 12:48 PM
laz
Extreme HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by saltlick
Ive about given up trying to sell mine. Been up for months and not one Text, or even a low ball offer email. Im not even trying to count in all the extras, just trying to get low Nada value for it. Not sure if its harley davidsons or if it motorcycles in general but dam ive never seen it like this before. I would suggest to everyone out there if you dont want to get screwed selling your bike right now DONT try selling it. Hold onto it and try again some other year. This is awful. Oh and if your looking to buy? Nows the time!
That’s the Gospel truth. YUGE buyer’s market right now.

Old 07-30-2018 | 12:51 PM
Tom84FXST
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by bigconan
Even if i don't count the mods, it still only has 655 miles on it...I should be getting near new price for it.
If you can't sell it...your price is too high...period...end of discussion.

The Harley used market is in the toilet...has been for a while...and shows no signs of improving.

Go to ebay...look at "sold" listings...and get ready to cry...most are going in the 8-10k range.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...p2045573.m1684

Old 07-30-2018 | 12:58 PM
saltlick
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Tom84FXST
If you can't sell it...your price is too high...period...end of discussion.

The Harley used market is in the toilet...has been for a while...and shows no signs of improving.

Go to ebay...look at "sold" listings...and get ready to cry...most are going in the 8-10k range.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_fosrp=1&_nkw=softail%20 slim&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p204557 3.m1684
This is the sad truth. i finally had to deal with it and realize i am going to just keep my bike. I would have to sell it for at least 2-3K lower than i am asking in order for it to move. I am not in a situation where i am desperate to sell it so i am going to keep it. I just saw a 2008 softail custom with low miles like mine go for 5K when the Nada is showing 8K for private sell. No other bikes like mine are selling and they are priced like mine (8K) which tells me at least my bike is not selling at the price it should be selling....which sucks. I wish i would have known that 2 years ago when i bought it. I didnt buy it planning on selling it right away but if i had known i would have offered him way less than what i paid for it. I paid basically NADA value.

Last edited by saltlick; 07-30-2018 at 12:59 PM.
Old 07-30-2018 | 12:59 PM
laz
Extreme HDF Member
Riders Club Member

Here’s a CL listing from my local area, and the seller is practically begging you to make him an offer:

https://huntsville.craigslist.org/mc...633016534.html

Harleys are great fun, but terrible investments.

Old 07-30-2018 | 01:00 PM
army_eod
Road Warrior

How bout you ride it? What is wrong with it?

Old 07-30-2018 | 01:20 PM
bigconan
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by army_eod
How bout you ride it? What is wrong with it?
Many issues I didn't expect...hands going numb after only 10 minutes of riding...so me wanting to go on a couple hour ride is out of the question...nobody to ride with...people constantly riding up your ***...and they seem to do it on purpose...and with my temper, that just don't bode well for me...when i was riding, I often thought about getting a gun, cause i was tired of people...the only time I ever rode it was to the gym and back and around town a bit...It definitely had its moments though...but you literally have to worry about everything you do...

Old 07-30-2018 | 02:10 PM
Lastride
Tourer

I know you don't want to hear this, but picked up a 2015 slim for the wife. Two tone, bars, crash bar, bag and few small add on, bike had 1400 miles on it and is spotless. $11,200. If ya don't need to sell it, sit on it. Somebody will come along in time.

Old 07-30-2018 | 02:29 PM
bigconan
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by Lastride
I know you don't want to hear this, but picked up a 2015 slim for the wife. Two tone, bars, crash bar, bag and few small add on, bike had 1400 miles on it and is spotless. $11,200. If ya don't need to sell it, sit on it. Somebody will come along in time.
That's the thing though...the more you sit on it, the less and less it's going to be worth...as the years pass, the value is going to go way down...I reduced the price on the sites. I have bike place that offered me 10 grand...that to me just seems so low..I might go to 12. if I have to.

Old 07-30-2018 | 02:33 PM
saltlick
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by bigconan
That's the thing though...the more you sit on it, the less and less it's going to be worth...as the years pass, the value is going to go way down...I reduced the price on the sites. I have bike place that offered me 10 grand...that to me just seems so low..I might go to 12. if I have to.
Pretty much what i have seen is list it at the bare bottom price of what your willing to sell it for....then take 2 grand off that if you actually want to sell it.

Quick Reply: Having trouble selling my 2015 Softail Slim