Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 Fat Rider S

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2018, 01:53 PM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member
Received 553 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by HrdNox

So no gators/fork boots = frequent seal changes? I’d like to see that stat. Lol.
Im referring to USD Forks. Forks is an overlooked item that no one really thinks about. Since the slider is close to the brakes, dust and debris will accumulate and the seals will pick up that dirt. A nice gouge on the slider will require replacement. You can leave them alone until a nice rock makes a gouge ruining the slider requiring replacement. Every USD fork has some type of slider coverage. You wont be laughing when you have to buy a new slider. Check every sportbike with USD forks and you will see coverage. The engineers at HD didn't put them there for show.

Last edited by vizcarmb; 06-07-2018 at 02:04 PM.
Old 06-07-2018, 02:50 PM
Pinoy_gm808
Advanced
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Twi$t
Yeah, I bought from SD Harley. Got a smokin' deal! I'm further north, but know a few down there at SD Harley.

Not sure about Legends though, unless you are talking cartridges.

Did the stock guards not fit back on?
Same here. lol Good people.

Yes, they're cartridges.

The piece that holds the guards, is connected to the fender. I was thinking about getting a slimmer fender and welding in between the guards.

Originally Posted by vizcarmb
Im referring to USD Forks. Forks is an overlooked item that no one really thinks about. Since the slider is close to the brakes, dust and debris will accumulate and the seals will pick up that dirt. A nice gouge on the slider will require replacement. You can leave them alone until a nice rock makes a gouge ruining the slider requiring replacement. Every USD fork has some type of slider coverage. You wont be laughing when you have to buy a new slider. Check every sportbike with USD forks and you will see coverage. The engineers at HD didn't put them there for show.
I see your point. Regardless, I intended on putting something there. Just takes some time, especially since no one makes a bolt-on for it.

Old 06-07-2018, 07:27 PM
Bowhunter8607
Road Warrior
Received 417 Likes on 322 Posts

Sweet ride bro! Man you mixed the two best models, in my opinion, and it came out great! Would love to do something like that but there's no chance anytime soon for me. Haha. Good work and keep the updates coming! I am curious to see what you come up with for the front fender.

Old 06-07-2018, 07:50 PM
Bikerender
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Imagine if the MoCo just sold a new softail with dual disks, midglide inverted front end, and mid controls? For one thing they'd already have my money...

Old 06-07-2018, 08:31 PM
Big Mule
Road Master
Received 785 Likes on 387 Posts

Great job OP. I’m digging it.

Old 06-07-2018, 08:31 PM
Big Mule
Road Master
Received 785 Likes on 387 Posts

double post

Last edited by Big Mule; 06-07-2018 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Dbl post
Old 06-07-2018, 08:53 PM
FatBob2018
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,469 Likes on 1,352 Posts

Originally Posted by Bikerender
Imagine if the MoCo just sold a new softail with dual disks, midglide inverted front end, and mid controls? For one thing they'd already have my money...
Just checking -- have you tried the Fat Bob? It's basically what you're describing except the mid controls. The Fat Bob's are technically "forward", but lots of folks think that they're not very far forward, they're more like halfway between mids and "real" forward controls, so ... if you haven't tried it, you might want to check it out.

Old 06-07-2018, 09:05 PM
Bikerender
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have been on the 18 Fat Bob half a dozen times at least. I don't like the foot position, and I don't like the handling compromise on the fat front tire.

It's expensive and a PITA to fix either. I've decided to wait until they offer the Sport Bob or Softail FXR or whatever they end up calling it, which I think they will.

I think it's frustrating that they've merged the dynas and softails and somehow made them LESS parts-swappable than before. For example, you can swap the primaries and controls between the Street Bob and the Fat Bob, but you CAN'T swap the pipes.

Old 06-07-2018, 09:12 PM
Pinoy_gm808
Advanced
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bowhunter8607
Sweet ride bro! Man you mixed the two best models, in my opinion, and it came out great! Would love to do something like that but there's no chance anytime soon for me. Haha. Good work and keep the updates coming! I am curious to see what you come up with for the front fender.
Thanks brutha! I just got lucky with this build. Funny enough, this all started from me finding a deal on lrs wheels and thinking how nice it'd be to have it on my bob. And I'll definitely keep you guys posted

Originally Posted by Bikerender
If only... On the brightside, at least I found my way of being different from the fat bob crowd. Sadly the majority of people in the fb group I'm in highly dislike what I did. And the dyna crowd think I should've just bought a dyna. Guess my bike is the bastard child. Hahaha

Originally Posted by Big Mule
Great job OP. I’m digging it.

Thanks bro!
Originally Posted by FatBob2018
Just checking -- have you tried the Fat Bob? It's basically what you're describing except the mid controls. The Fat Bob's are technically "forward", but lots of folks think that they're not very far forward, they're more like halfway between mids and "real" forward controls, so ... if you haven't tried it, you might want to check it out.
I can only assume he was being sarcastic. However the front end is either you love it or hate it. I love how bright the light is, I just can't stand the style. Maybe one day when the aftermarket support grows, I'll reconsider my build.

Old 06-25-2018, 04:25 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts

Pinoy_gm808 sent you a PM.

Quick Reply: 2018 Fat Rider S