Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 Fat Rider S

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2018, 11:16 AM
Pinoy_gm808
Advanced
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by soldierbot
I really like what you have done with your bike. It looks great and bet the ride is a lot of fun.
Thanks! I haven't done anything too crazy yet since my rear tire is still pretty new. But so far she's been a blast ! Definitely prefer this set up over stock.

Old 06-07-2018, 11:32 AM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Pinoy_gm808
I thought so too at first and almost bought a set of Speed Merchant triples. Luckily I had some doubt and brought out a caliper. Was glad I did, cause those triples aren't cheap. lol
I had a custom set made by CognitoMoto. For the same price as Speed Merchant, they offered a custom tree with a new steering stem and bearings. Good quality stuff I'd recommend to anyone looking to go that route. Let me know so I can hit them up.
My next issue to tackle, is to find a way to fabricate a front fender that will compliment the build....
Cool. I almost swapped my trees and put cartridges in the forks but I went with an ODC Monza 2.0 (Mid Glide) inverted frontend. Still waiting for it, shipping from Italy.

Your front fender shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

Seems like a few are doing the HCP risers too. I have the 9.5" w/ Lucky Daves bar.

Last edited by Big Twi$t; 06-07-2018 at 11:36 AM.
Old 06-07-2018, 11:36 AM
MoparBob
Cruiser

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I like it. Nice work!

Old 06-07-2018, 11:40 AM
Pinoy_gm808
Advanced

Originally Posted by Big Twi$t
Cool. I almost swapped my trees and put cartridges in the forks but I went with an ODC Monza 2.0 (Mid Glide) inverted frontend. Still waiting for it, shipping from Italy.

Your front fender shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

Seems like a few are doing the HCP risers too. I have the 9.5" w/ Lucky Daves bar.
I also wanted to go the ODC route, but they are just too much for me at the moment. I am glad that I'm a little different from the trend at the moment. lol

And it definitely shouldn't be. I have a few ideas I'd like to try. We'll see how that goes. lol

The HCP risers just look and feel solid, so I can see why most would buy them. Happen to have a pic of yours?

Old 06-07-2018, 11:46 AM
Pinoy_gm808
Advanced

Originally Posted by MoparBob
I like it. Nice work!
Thanks bro!

Old 06-07-2018, 11:58 AM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member

I also wanted to go the ODC route, but they are just too much for me at the moment. I am glad that I'm a little different from the trend at the moment. lol

And it definitely shouldn't be. I have a few ideas I'd like to try. We'll see how that goes. lol

The HCP risers just look and feel solid, so I can see why most would buy them. Happen to have a pic of yours?
You might see a few ODC frontends out there but not many. LOL

Here's my thread. I've already changed my mind on a few things though.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...style-lol.html

Old 06-07-2018, 12:28 PM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member
Received 553 Likes on 381 Posts

Looks nice

Do you plan on covering up the fork tubes with guards? Unless you like to change for seals frequently.

Old 06-07-2018, 12:57 PM
HrdNox
Stellar HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by vizcarmb
Looks nice

Do you plan on covering up the fork tubes with guards? Unless you like to change for seals frequently.
So no gators/fork boots = frequent seal changes? I’d like to see that stat. Lol.

Old 06-07-2018, 01:22 PM
Pinoy_gm808
Advanced

Originally Posted by Big Twi$t
You might see a few ODC frontends out there but not many. LOL

Here's my thread. I've already changed my mind on a few things though.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...style-lol.html
True that. I think I'm the only one running my set up so far. Next up is some legend's drop ins for me.

Noticed you bought your bike from SD HD too. lol Definitely looking forward to how your build unfolds bro!

Originally Posted by vizcarmb
Looks nice

I do plan to put something there eventually. Just a matter of when and with what. lol And I haven't heard of any inverted forks leaking due to that.

Originally Posted by HrdNox

So no gators/fork boots = frequent seal changes? I’d like to see that stat. Lol.
Me too. lol

Old 06-07-2018, 01:43 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member

True that. I think I'm the only one running my set up so far. Next up is some legend's drop ins for me.

Noticed you bought your bike from SD HD too. lol Definitely looking forward to how your build unfolds bro!

I do plan to put something there eventually. Just a matter of when and with what. lol And I haven't heard of any inverted forks leaking due to that.
Yeah, I bought from SD Harley. Got a smokin' deal! I'm further north, but know a few down there at SD Harley.

Not sure about Legends though, unless you are talking cartridges.

Did the stock guards not fit back on?

Last edited by Big Twi$t; 06-07-2018 at 01:47 PM.

Quick Reply: 2018 Fat Rider S