Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official Fat Rear Tire Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 01:03 AM
mfadel8
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bigger on 2006 NT?

What about on the new 2006 Night Train...how big can I go since it already has a 200???

Old 07-19-2006, 05:25 PM
PhantomMaxx
Tourer
Default RE: Official Fat Rear Tire Thread

FatBoy2five0

I have a 06 fatty, can you breakdown the parts needed to build your 250mm wide tire look. I really like the Heartland kit, I just want to know what else is needed

Old 07-19-2006, 05:53 PM
Baldman
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Used the kit sold by Arlen Ness for mine. Buddy and I did it ourselves. Kit was made by Zodiac, called "Fat ***".

Had to cut frame. Kicked the primary out 1 3/4", so it is now a little left heavy. Takes 5 minutes to get used to it. Wheels are made by Sturgis Wheel Company. Fender made by Milwaukee Iron.

Running a 300 series Avon, but would probaly put a 280 Metz. next. Less growth and more clearance. Still running the stock width belt.

No problems, but wish I would have went with my original idea of building one from the ground up.

Bike still kicks @$$ - the skinny tire guys always had to try and play

Take care,
Baldman

Old 07-20-2006, 01:36 AM
FatBoy2five0
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Phantom,
One of the reasons I went with Heartland is that with their kit you dont have to buy anything else to change over to the 250 except their kit , you use your existing belt , pulley and rotors and calipers for your brakes,
no need to change unless you want to get chrome or match your wheels with rotors and pulley but you can save your money and do that later. with the kit you get all necessary offset parts for tranny, swingarm, rear fender and seat, you can also get wheels and tires if you want, install is pretty simple and straight forward,
Good luck and good ride

Old 10-06-2006, 01:27 PM
chops
Tourer

I'm Getting FAT.

I'm in the dry fit stage of retrofitting a 200 on my 02 Fatboy, stock swingarm, stock width belt 1 1/8".
Tight fit, but it is going to work out fine.

I won't have room for upper or lower belt guards anymore, but that's a good tradeoff, and also will let my new 18" rims be focus.

This is as far as I can get for several weeks. There is no down time here (South Florida), so I have other matters to address - order fender, paint, lights, axle spacers, etc. The old wheel goes back on today.

Old 10-06-2006, 02:08 PM
Screamer
Road Captain

chops
Looking good!
Keep us posted.

Old 10-06-2006, 10:22 PM
johnny night train
Advanced

one of the best threads I have seen, I really want the fat tire look , so this is all great info[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 10-06-2006, 10:54 PM
Rico450r
Cruiser

I've done a lot of research on the fat tire kit's. I plan on buying a 2007 Night train next season and plan on turning into a pro street, so I wanted to know what's out there. I feel the best buy for the buck and no pain is the heartland kit. It's the best way to go! There kit is about $3500 for the 240 or 250 kit and you get a swingarm, axle bolt, rock guard, rear fender, seat and all the hardware to mount it up. Of course you'll need the license plate, signal lights etc. depending on what you want. I plan on getting the passenger seat with the sissy bar with a bag which is $899. You can call them and they'll send you a catalog with all the prices and what you'll need to complete the kit. It works great for any of the bikes that are 2000 and up. Of course it will work with the olders one's but you'll need some aditional stuff which they provide. Just my 2 cents.

Rico

Old 10-07-2006, 01:12 AM
chops
Tourer

Yes there are some nice kits out there, some very pricey.

I couldn't find any one kit that had all the elements that I wanted.

I didn't see any fenders that suited my ideas with any kit, and I only wanted a 3 blade rim.
I do have a very specific fender in mind, it is a special order- build to suit type deal.

Ordered more parts today!!

Old 10-07-2006, 01:22 AM
PhantomMaxx
Tourer

Yeah, I second Heartland USA. I bought my side mount license plate frame from Heartland, their customer service is good but no website. Their Two-Five-O kit is nice but expensive.

Complete System $3,399
Options:
Solid wheel and tire $1499
Sixty Spoke wheel with tire $1299

Thats $4698 complete with spoke tire. Wow. Hmmm... how do I come up with the money?

Here is a good link about Heartland USA

Quick Reply: Official Fat Rear Tire Thread