Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WO504s on 07 Fatboy (pic inside)

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 08:21 PM
Demkay
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: WO504s on 07 Fatboy (pic inside)

ORIGINAL: vertigo14

Have to remove the tank to route them properly to the throttle body... had help to do this whole job.. ok lots of help(hah) not too bad, hose clamps(to cut off fuel), drain most of the tank..
disconnecting everything, pulling off the old bars and controls, then dealing with them f'n forget what you call em connectors.. (the ones HD wants like 400 for the tool alone to deal with them) lol
used my stock wireing with no problem....

The clutch is pretty simple tho you need, at least on mine to remove the exhaust... and the 02 sensors..

Yeah the T/S rears are pretty cool, they L.E.D. bullets(mini) strut mounted.. they are super bright with red lenses
Have a converter a HD one that makes the rear t/s into bake lights... i dont like running lights (in rear at least) because it confuses the crap out of other people riding behind you
heh I didn't hook up my front t/s to run as running lights either tho heh..

I need a few more tweaks to the clutch and brake lines and throttle lines..
and need to glue my left grip on (hehe)
and I need one more chrome line holder for the clutch (for the frame lower)

Used all stock lengths in cables.. tho I had a +2 clutch on stand by(heh) if I needed it

And im looking for some cool mirrors.. something to blend in with the sleek lines of the new bars.. these pictures don't give the bars justice..they very bad *** in being comfy aggressiveness.... WO504 is a knucle bar type....

I also put on the front PM 6p caliper...gonna get some russel speed bleeders for em
Oh im running dot 5 front and rear now

Thanks dude. Gonna start the work in a few days. Just got the manual through, but kind of need the help of a bud whos back in a couple. So gonna wait.

Man, that tank thing you just mentioned just brought back some bad memories. lol I, like a f'ing idiot, filled it up in the morning when I was starting all the bar changes etc in the afternoon. Had to siphon all of it out then. [&o]

Bike looks too good man, ....especially with the controls all chromed out.

Old 06-25-2007, 08:47 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I adjusted my throttle a bit more today so there isn't so much slop in it
I glued my left grip on after some grinding of the bar
put another cable clamp on for the clutch cable along the frame (so it has 2 chrome clamps now)
and I bought some chromite spark plugs cables, put them on today as well...they look killer

only thing I'm buying for my bike now is a set of speed bleeders for the new calipers I have on

and about to put on 2 chrome tool boxes (and their adapters)

Old 06-25-2007, 08:51 PM
loader
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That thing is shaping right up!
Where did you splice the cables at?

Old 06-25-2007, 09:08 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member

under the tank.. but didn't splice, just snipped and put a new connector in there
(snipped=fitted to length needed)

routed a grey wire too that was SLOPPED on my HD mechanics ... f' paying HD for service.. omg (when I had my paint slapped on I had them flush gauge put in and they slopped on the grey wire outside of tank just dangling next to the neck

Old 06-26-2007, 05:30 AM
Demkay
Road Master

Nice man. Post some pics when all finished.

I still think that the visor trim ring on the headlight would look awesome. Also for the aux lights. They look tooo good.

Great job dude.

Old 06-26-2007, 05:52 AM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member

my headlamp has the frenched visor on now.. not the one with the point tho..
I dunno if ill do the aux lights.. maybe

I tired putting on the left toolbox and its a no go.. im ticked off right now, the web site says it will fit..
I pulled the splash shield and the debris guard (not the belt guard didn't need too)
I have HD detachable bags.. with their mounting system.. there is a little bracket that goes on the mount point for the tool box there...
Have to put this FUGLY spacer there... of course tweaking out the passenger pegs.. need also a short adapter gizmo for the peg instead of the stock long one
pissed me off.. had the tool box nearly on.. and I ripped it back off.. and put my bike back together

tool box gripes:
for the f'n size of them, they ain't that big inside
the left box will cover one of the strut mount bolts.. making it f'n hard to get too with out tweaking it up
(for most of the torx bolt tightening) and/or placing tool against nice chrome finish of the toolbox to secure the strut
the big f'n adapter kit is fulgy.. extends out the passenger foot pegs a good 4 inches...who ever sits there is gonna be wide open..and prob uncomfy
why do they make such crap.. oh box says made in taiwan.. oh you have to get the HD passenger floorboard kit if you dont want to use the adapter kit
right.. whatever

yeah im gonna wax her tomorrow, take a good few shots then...

so dunno what to do about carrying some tools with me..

Old 06-26-2007, 06:42 AM
skulznflames
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vertigo,

Keep up the good work updating us on all your mods. A good way for folks like me to check things out and see how they look and work before tackling the mods ourselves.
Hats off to you sir,

Gotta get myself a set of those Forward Controls real soon.

Old 06-26-2007, 06:53 AM
Demkay
Road Master

Yeah, it's a big damn spacer, extends right out. Not that great looking but you don't really have a choice, unless you want to get a chrome one. (Not the long spacer, I mean the piece the peg goes on.

And yeah, you wanna get to the strut nut, you gotta take the toolbox off, or not off, but loosen it. That's not too bad, you just loosen the screws inside the box and it drops enough to get to the nut.

The liner is good, yeah, it's small but you can get a lot of tools in there, or glasses etc etc.

What about the right hand box, that'll fit 'cuz you got the lower pipes than the stock ones.

Anyhow, no worries, I just hope you got the right toolbox, 'cuz there are a gazillion different models.

Oh, and one other thing, you ain't ridin' a knucklehead, so I don't think tools will be that necessary for the moment. ....... Just make sure you got your H.O.G card in your wallet.

Old 06-26-2007, 10:16 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 353 Posts

Looks great. I, too, loved the look and feel of 504's on my Fatboy.

Old 06-26-2007, 12:07 PM
dmac1968
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey dude, what bars you got on your bike?

DeanO

Quick Reply: WO504s on 07 Fatboy (pic inside)