Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SUNDOWNER ON A 07 HERITAGE?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 11:17 PM
DCS
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SUNDOWNER ON A 07 HERITAGE?

I have a 07 Heritage, the stock seat is not bad for me even on long hauls but my wife can not handle the stock passenger pillion, I was thinking about the Sundowner looked like it would be more comfy for her and I would get some sort of lower back support if I went that route?

My question is would this seat move me forward any? I do not want to be moved forward since I have long legs, would this seat changeyour angle? Anybody got any pics of the Sundowner on their Heritage?

Thanks,
Dan

Old 06-24-2007, 11:35 PM
07FLSTC_Navy
Cruiser
Default RE: SUNDOWNER ON A 07 HERITAGE?

The Sundowner won't seat you further forward. It's less padding than the stock seat so you're actually slightly further away from the stock bar height, and it does give the rider some lower back support.

The Sundowner pillion is the same width as the stock seat - 12.5" I believe.

I'll defer to someone who actually has the Sundowner and has taken a passenger more than a few miles - I just ordered mine and it hasn't arrived yet. But from seeing them upclose, they look much the same as the stock pillion. Before ordering the Sundowner, my wife complained about the pillion as well, and I "almost" ordered her the touring pillion - much more added comfort for a passenger. I have gotten confirmation from 3 people that the touring pillion is MUCH better than stock. Since you like your stock seat and don't have any problems with it, even on longer rides, you may want to reconsider if you're only looking for the pillion. The Sundowner seat is a "one piece," whereas stock are separated. Just a thought.

I'll post pics of my Sundowner when it comes in.

Old 06-25-2007, 12:06 PM
07FLSTC_Navy
Cruiser

Check out this post from Road_Clam in a post about his FatBoy with Heritage touring pillion:

My wife had been complaining of numb a$$ after a few hours of riding, so I finally pulled the trigger and purchased HD's touring FLSTC touring pillion. My first thoughts were I won't like the studs. Yup, after the install, i'm not feeling the love with the looks, but I think I will get used to them. As far as my wife, she loves the new pillion! She also commented she sits higher. The touring pillion is 2.5" wider, and about 1" higher.The bonus for me, is the touring pillion offers more back support than the fatboy pillion. So all in all a great upgrade for the money!

Old 06-25-2007, 11:11 PM
bgr8ful
Advanced

I have had my sundowner for about a month now, and love it. It actually puts me a few inches lower. The pillion is a bit wider(an inch or so) the wife loves it too. We rode about 600 miles this weekend and she did fine. A little numbness, but due to one posistion for 3 hrs.

Old 06-25-2007, 11:51 PM
slack
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the touring pillion on mine. The wife likes it alot better than stock. Like mentiond above it is a direct replacement for the stock pillion, therefore cheaper. But if you want the sundowner go that route.

Old 06-26-2007, 07:48 AM
moggsy
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here are a couple pics of my 04 Heritage witht the sundowner seat.I found it really nice and much better than stock.I now have a corbin seat because i wanted a 2 piece seat.

Old 06-26-2007, 07:50 AM
moggsy
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry,here are the pics.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5869/E7E30DBA3A9B45FA82CE96181E6F9F4C.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5869/48C7475192AE4693AC5AD5FDFB1C65BC.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-27-2007, 12:40 AM
Bigbender
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just posted this on another thread. I have an '05 fatboy.

Most of the seats out there don't have a passenger area as wide or as thick as the stock seat so I decided to try the HD "Fatboy Sundowner Deep Bucket" - part #51570-00A. The seat just came tonite and I made the swap. The cover seems a lot softer but when I got on, it pushed me forward at least an inch, maybe more. Because of the straighter back support area, my "move around" area is a lot more restricted and that sucks. Another thing I noticed was the wobble in the passenger seat area. It sways a lot left to right and there's no way to secure it. This thing's getting returned...