Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Security System Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 09:45 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Security System Question

I was reading in another Forum about a problem dealing with the Security System (dead FOB battery or something), and have a dumb question that maybe someone can answer..

The 2003 FatBoy I purchased last Fall has the "Security System", came with the key fob, etc.....

I never use the security system, and just threw the 'fob thing' is a sack of misc. parts...

Never had a bike with the security thing before, so I know nothing about how they work. Is the system still 'activated' even though it's never been set or used since I've had the bike? What if I switch out the battery in the FatBoy sometime in the future? From what I've read, it could be tricky if you have the security system on your bike.

Last question....

Is there a simple way to just 'bypass' the system and pretend like it doesn't exist?

Thanks.

Old 06-24-2007, 10:55 PM
JohnK/Pa
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Security System Question

I have the security system on mine and I think I've used it once or twice. I had the ground wires from the battery unhooked when I had the bike apart to install the tach and handlebars and didn't have to use the fob when i got it all back together. I don't know if you can disable it or not, maybe the dealer can with their scantool.

Old 06-24-2007, 11:16 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Security System Question

I might check tomorrow and see what I can find out...

I don't carry the fob thing with me, and since I've owned the bike I haven't even thought about the 'security system'.

I was looking in the Clymer Manual and noticed that there is a 15 amp "Security" fuse located in the fusebox.

Kind of hoping that it was a simple matter of just pulling that Security fuse, but then again, when it comes to Harley's not many things are as simple as it first seems.