Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 Slim license plate relocation

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2018 | 08:08 AM
rjacobs
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by Bikecraft
We have one to launch next week... Dealers in Australia have stocked up...
If the Harley one from the pre 17 bikes doesnt work out I will get in touch with you and see how to get one to the USA for me.

Thanks

Old 05-29-2018 | 09:08 AM
08slvr
6th Gear

Originally Posted by fwj
08slvr, please share your solution with us. I’m getting a Sport Glide next week and want to bring the license plate closer to the fender, like on your picture.
Sure thing, I’ll take the fender off tomorrow to get better more detailed pictures.

Originally Posted by wrightnow
How do you like the le pexevra seat vs the stock seat? My stock seat starts to hurt my tail bone after about 100 miles looking for a change. thanks
I love the seat but I also didn’t have problems with the stock seat. I feel it does have more of a curve on the back part and slightly more cushion, so it may help you with your issue.

Old 05-29-2018 | 10:41 AM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member

Member when sideplates were all the rage in the US?

Now its going back to the fender

Old 05-29-2018 | 10:15 PM
wrightnow
Advanced

Originally Posted by 08slvr

I love the seat but I also didn’t have problems with the stock seat. I feel it does have more of a curve on the back part and slightly more cushion, so it may help you with your issue.
Thanks, love the white walls, could you post a full pic if you have one....

Old 05-29-2018 | 11:14 PM
fwj
Advanced

Bikekraft, could you post a picture of your solution that fits a 180x200mm license plate?

Old 05-30-2018 | 08:07 AM
08slvr
6th Gear

Originally Posted by wrightnow
Thanks, love the white walls, could you post a full pic if you have one....

The following users liked this post:
wrightnow (05-30-2018)
Old 05-30-2018 | 08:35 AM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member

I just got a Kury swing arm plate mount - Easy install and looks great..

Old 05-30-2018 | 08:18 PM
08slvr
6th Gear

Originally Posted by fwj
08slvr, please share your solution with us. I’m getting a Sport Glide next week and want to bring the license plate closer to the fender, like on your picture.
So what I did was cut a piece of angle aluminum and attached it with nut and bolts to the pre existing bracket that comes factory on the slim rear fender. Then using flat aluminum pieces I made a bracket to attach to the angle aluminum. Just had to bend one piece of aluminum to the curvature of the fender. I also removed the stock plate light from the factory plate holder and installed it between the curved aluminum and fender using double sided tape. I spray painted it black but after a year and half it’s chipped off. Not the pretiest but u don’t even see it when plate is installed.

Old 05-30-2018 | 10:42 PM
fwj
Advanced

Thanks for the pictures! I’ll do a similar solution.

Old 05-31-2018 | 08:04 AM
rjacobs
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by 08slvr

So what I did was cut a piece of angle aluminum and attached it with nut and bolts to the pre existing bracket that comes factory on the slim rear fender. Then using flat aluminum pieces I made a bracket to attach to the angle aluminum. Just had to bend one piece of aluminum to the curvature of the fender. I also removed the stock plate light from the factory plate holder and installed it between the curved aluminum and fender using double sided tape. I spray painted it black but after a year and half it’s chipped off. Not the pretiest but u don’t even see it when plate is installed.

Just to be clear... you have a pre-17 Slim, not an 18+, which this thread is about... Not knocking your ingenuity, but your mod will not work on 18+ bikes because that metal sub assembly is not present in the 18+ bikes... its just bare fender up in there, so in essence, nothing to attach your bracket to. The only thing present on the 18+ bikes is backing plates for the fender struts.

Quick Reply: 2018 Slim license plate relocation