Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob 114 Fuel Moto Power Vision With Just Slip-Ons

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2018 | 05:50 PM
DonN
Road Warrior

I think one reason you may not notice much difference is that the cat is in the head pipe on the Fat Bob. So just changing the slip ons will not have much effect, even with the sound level. For the other softails, the cat is in the muffler. I just changed to Rineharts on my Heritage and its much louder and has a bit of decel popping. So have ordered a Powervision to see how that goes. Not worried about warranty.

Old 05-27-2018 | 05:53 PM
02603SEC
Road Captain

I have a Powervision on my 17 Breakout and 18 Road King, even bone stock I believe the aftermarket tuner will help since the stock tuner will always leave you're bike in a lean condition, at the very least , the bike will run cooler. The Breakout is far from stock, the Road King has a stage one and a decat. When the cases leaked on the breakout at about 2000mi (we never split the cases, top end, throttle body and cam only) the dealer took care of it no questions asked, because nothing we did caused this. The same way a Powervision could never be accused of causing sumping, the only way the dealer immediately voids your warranty is if they are looking to make sure people stop buying their motorcycles. I can tell you for a fact that had they not fixed my Breakout, I would never have bought the Road King.

Last edited by 02603SEC; 05-27-2018 at 05:55 PM.
Old 05-27-2018 | 06:00 PM
modular
|
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

The S&S slip-ons without the dB inserts sound much better than the OEM units. I ran one in the past and loved it. Just enough deep tone for me.

Given on how well the bike runs now I don’ t feel the $3-400 on a tuner would be well spent funds.

Old 05-27-2018 | 06:10 PM
02603SEC
Road Captain

If that is all you are going to be doing to the bike and are happy with the results, then no, not worth the extra cash.

Old 05-27-2018 | 06:25 PM
modular
|
Stellar HDF Member

I’m going to have to agree. The dealer had two on the floor. I chose this one because it already had the same mufflers I planned on installing myself. It sounds good and I’ve very satisfied with the way it runs and how it delivers the power. The cats will be staying, it has a nice open Ventilator intake and sounds great to me with the Grand Nationals.

Already installed the front and rear Custom Dynamics LED signal inserts. The only other thing I want to do is the Blackmill plate relocator. It’s nice not having to dump all kinds of money into a new bike for once.

The following 2 users liked this post by modular:
02603SEC (05-27-2018), SgtThump (05-27-2018)
Old 05-27-2018 | 11:59 PM
02603SEC
Road Captain

All that really matters is how you feel when you're *** is in the seat. Enjoy and ride safe.

Old 05-28-2018 | 12:22 PM
FatBob2018
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by modular
Are you saying that the SEPST does not offer a canned tune for the Fat Bob 114 with slip-ons?
That is what I WAS saying, yes. But now the situation is different. I just ran the software to double-check before answering, and it did a software update before opening. Now, there's a calibration for the FXFBS for a "Stage 1", being an SE A/C and SE mufflers.

I may be crazy, but I do not think that calibration was there before this software update. Maybe someone else can check before they update?

Regardless, it's there now, so the question has been resolved. Yes the SE tuner now provides a stock calibration for the Fat Bob 114 for a "Stage 1" tune.

Old 05-28-2018 | 12:25 PM
FatBob2018
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by 02603SEC
The same way a Powervision could never be accused of causing sumping, the only way the dealer immediately voids your warranty is if they are looking to make sure people stop buying their motorcycles. I can tell you for a fact that had they not fixed my Breakout, I would never have bought the Road King.
That's the way things used to be. That is not how things are now. Harley is under court-mandated orders to void every powertrain warranty on every 2017+ bike if they (or their dealer) has any knowledge whatsoever that an aftermarket tuning device was used. They have no choice. Their dealers have no choice. It is a court order that you can read about in the EPA Consent Decree.

Old 05-28-2018 | 01:08 PM
modular
|
Stellar HDF Member

I'm still not sure how the SEPST can really change much. It can't change AFR's to stay EPA compliant. From what I can tell it just tweeks timing to adjust things. I'm sure there is more to it than that but I still don't see the value (besides keeping one's warranty) of the SEPST.

I can say that the more I ride the bike, getting used to it and riding more aggressively I am starting to experience a bit more of the random pop here and there. Nothing on decel but more in between shifts.

Last edited by modular; 05-28-2018 at 01:11 PM.
Old 05-28-2018 | 04:05 PM
reynoldss
Cruiser

I know this is a Fat Bob thread but I put a set of Rineharts on my 18 Fatboy 114 and the Power Vision with Fuel Motos download and it runs spot on. Definite increase in power, but you loose the cats on the fat boy. That and the Rineharts being way less restrictive gave it a nice little boost. I love the Power Vision, so cool.

Quick Reply: Fat Bob 114 Fuel Moto Power Vision With Just Slip-Ons