Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flush Mount Fuel Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 09:36 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Flush Mount Fuel Gauge

I just installed a HD Flush Mount Fuel Gauge that I bought off E Bay and it seems to work fine but I did not get directions with it and I am wondering if the center LED that is now glowing blue ( I have a 1/2 tank of fuel) will will change color as a low fuel indicator as I run low on fuel ? I know the line of LED will go down as I use fuel, I'm just wondering about the LED above the line of LEDs?

Thanks for any info.

Old 06-21-2007, 10:16 PM
06hog
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flush Mount Fuel Gauge

yeah you just kind of confused the hell out of me as to exactly what you're asking.. but I'll try it out. You have the blue lights, when you get down low, you'll have 2 amber lights I think it is, then they'll blink, then they'll go to Red, not exactly all that accurate on my bike anyway, cause I hit red for a bit and still kept going for a few more miles, havent ran out yet. Hope that helps to what you're asking.

Old 06-21-2007, 11:04 PM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you have all blue LED's, the "center blue" LED is a gas pump icon, it will never go out and doesn't indicate anything.
ALL LED's are blue, they don't change color when you get low on fuel, when you have only the last blue LED lit, look for fuel!

Old 06-21-2007, 11:37 PM
irishfastback
Cruiser

That is interesting...because mine turns red on the last light. I think that if it does not turn red that means you did not hook up the low fuel wire correctly??? I dont remember which color it is...

Old 06-22-2007, 09:43 AM
06hog
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Deuce Bigelow

you have all blue LED's, the "center blue" LED is a gas pump icon, it will never go out and doesn't indicate anything.
ALL LED's are blue, they don't change color when you get low on fuel, when you have only the last blue LED lit, look for fuel!
Yeah sory Deuce, but I guess you either dont have it hooked up correctly, or you just never ran that low on fuel. Caue mine does change colors, made from Harley also... ALL LED's are NOT blue

Old 06-22-2007, 12:04 PM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: 06hog

ORIGINAL: Deuce Bigelow

Yeah sory Deuce, but I guess you either dont have it hooked up correctly, or you just never ran that low on fuel. Caue mine does change colors, made from Harley also... ALL LED's are NOT blue
guys,

there are two different version Flush Mount gauges.....

you guys have the "softail" version, it has six blue LED's and one red LED for low fuel (you also need to hook up that stupid grey wire into the speedo for the low fuel)

I have the "touring" version flush mount gauge, it has seven blue LED's, and NO low fuel warning, and it also has an LED "gas pump" icon that lights up when the ignition is turned on, and my low fuel light in the speedo still works...........

I bought the touring version because it doesn't have a low fuel LED in the gauge![8D]

based on the description that XARAN gave, It sounds like he has the same flush mount gauge that I have, therefore NO red low fuel LED, all seven LED's are blue!

Old 06-22-2007, 04:32 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Thanks Guys.

I'm not sure which version I have. But I'll watch the miles and run it down on fuel to see if I get a red light on the gauge.

Old 06-22-2007, 06:22 PM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior

XARAN,

if you have seven blue LED's (when you have a full tank of fuel) and a blue "gas pump" LED, then you have the "touring" version gauge, the softail gauge does not have that "gas pump"icon LED above thefuel level LED's, and the softail gauge onlylights upsix blue LED's when you have a full tank of fuel.

Old 07-14-2007, 03:02 PM
cubcake1
Tourer

1/2 of my led's just failed after 38 days. The stealer will not exchange so I am looking for a reliable alternative.

Old 07-15-2007, 03:09 AM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: cubcake1

1/2 of my led's just failed after 38 days. The stealer will not exchange so I am looking for a reliable alternative.
I have one that failed also....I am wondering if there is any way to replace the LED's?? pisses me off that I paid so much for something and the little lights that are the keystone of the piece, fail after only 3 months... LED's are normally much more reliable than that.

Quick Reply: Flush Mount Fuel Gauge