Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 Street Bob parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 05:09 PM
nschraeger
Intermediate
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Freak Show
you just had to have the new shinny toy. new frame means new tooling means shelling out tons of cash to build tools and molds to make parts for bikes that aren't really selling to well.. good luck, hope you find what you're looking for
hate much freak show? I’ll have fun with the much better handling and longer rides from the counter balanced motor. And yes I had a 07 street bob with 15k in parts and I would have to say the stock 18 street bob feels better stock. Not to mention I can get the same torque of my built 107 (big bore kit) with a cam and stage 1 on the M8.

The following users liked this post:
StreetBob18 (04-12-2018)
Old 04-05-2018, 05:16 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 515 Likes on 453 Posts

i'm not hating, just telling the truth, something not all people like. And the value is only as great as someone is willing to pay. And if you havn't noticed, bike sales are way down. Ask the guys trying to sell their bikes from last year trying get to new shinny toy.

Old 04-05-2018, 05:27 PM
nschraeger
Intermediate

i'm not hating, just telling the truth, something not all people like. And the value is only as great as someone is willing to pay. And if you havn't noticed, bike sales are way down. Ask the guys trying to sell their bikes from last year trying get to new shinny toy.
Sorry if I came across as ignorant. I hear ya man...just a lot of people hating on this new bike and it gets pretty old. Especially if they haven’t even seen one in person and ridden one. I’m not trying to justify my purchase either. I almost bought the 17 low rider s next to it. But I took the 18 for a ride. Made the decision very easy. I’ll always have a spot in my heart for the dyna and the 103. I just hope she sounds as good as my last bike haha.

Old 04-05-2018, 05:34 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

i don't mean to sound like a douche either. love some of the new softails, except for the fatboy. But sales are just not what they used to be. Harley made a big mistake thinking kids want to buy their bikes. And owners got a softer ride and faster one, but no one wants to make parts for bike that isn't selling. not enough profit.

Old 04-05-2018, 05:45 PM
nschraeger
Intermediate

i don't mean to sound like a douche either. love some of the new softails, except for the fatboy. But sales are just not what they used to be. Harley made a big mistake thinking kids want to buy their bikes. And owners got a softer ride and faster one, but no one wants to make parts for bike that isn't selling. not enough profit.
I totally agree. If I bought that low rider S it would be all decked out haha. I got pretty much what I want for it. But u do speak the truth. No one seems to be in a hurry. So pissed they changed the foot peg mount. Total scam reason...if u want new pegs u have to go with Harley brand. Smart I guess

Old 04-05-2018, 07:02 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

they do it so you're forced to buy their stuff

Old 04-12-2018, 06:59 AM
TheLimey
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you just had to have the new shinny toy. new frame means new tooling means shelling out tons of cash to build tools and molds to make parts for bikes that aren't really selling to well.. good luck, hope you find what you're looking for
I know but it did look so shiny and everything

Freak Show (04-12-2018)
Old 04-12-2018, 07:08 AM
TheLimey
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I took a few bikes out for a ride myself 2017 Road King, Fat Boy and the Dyna Srteet Bob and I loved the Road King but it wouldn't suit my work commute so I had to pass, I loved the look of the Dyna Street Bob but when I saw the new one was coming out and it was the same price I decided to go for that and it's a great bike, I'm not a fan of the Fat Bob I think it looks like they stole Fenders head from Futurama and stuck it on a bike. I loved the Low rider S but I had two friend who both bought one so I passed on that one.

jjw2700 (06-19-2022)
Old 05-04-2021, 11:58 AM
Las Vegas Jim
Supporter
Received 228 Likes on 149 Posts
Angry Any Excuse to Not Honor Warranty or Promotions

I was advised by the service department at my HD dealer that my "Free Tires for Life" Certificate may be void because I use Redline products instead of HD fluids. I have had all of the mandatory services performed at the HD dealer that used the Redline products I provided during their services. This position probably wouldn't hold up under a legal challenge, but HD counts on most customers being unable/unwilling to test the position in courts. My warranty expires in August, and I will have the 10k service performed before it expires. After this service, my bike won't see the inside of a HD service department!

Over my career as a financial and operations auditor, I observed that companies that allow their operations to be run by the legal, accounting and finance departments are either in trouble or headed for trouble. The use of certain substandard parts, legal avoidance strategies and excessive charges by HD and its dealers to avoid its commitments goes a long way to telling me why HD is having trouble. Raising prices and and marketing their products and services "premium" won't work. Using warranty and promotion programs to chain customers to HD and its dealers won't work either.

Old 05-04-2021, 12:25 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,041 Likes on 3,711 Posts

What does that have to do with this thread? Which, by the way is 3 years old.