Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail Swing Arms

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2018 | 10:51 PM
badcooky
Banned

I get it, it's an aftermarket solution to a non problem,these things aren't sports bikes.
There's no "lame" problem FFS ,it's an aftermarket swingarm that looks totally rice most will not notice any difference at all, on the other hand an Ohlins shock or fork internals for the 18 Softys is a yes please to me , so yea I do "get it" but I'd say you don't.
Will you be buying this swing arm for your 18 Softail ?

Old 03-27-2018 | 06:54 AM
cvaria
|
Supporter

Originally Posted by badcooky
I get it, it's an aftermarket solution to a non problem,these things aren't sports bikes.
There's no "lame" problem FFS ,it's an aftermarket swingarm that looks totally rice most will not notice any difference at all, on the other hand an Ohlins shock or fork internals for the 18 Softys is a yes please to me , so yea I do "get it" but I'd say you don't.
Will you be buying this swing arm for your 18 Softail ?
yes. I will put one on the bike i buy. That's why im following the progress. I haven't bought a 2018+ yet, I dont buy new, never will... and i don't finance toys. Hd has been working to fix the issues with the m8 and aftermarket is just starting to roll out fixes and upgrades. I'm not jumping in until i see fit and am comfortable with the entire state of affairs. Did you even read the original post or are you just looking for a fight because is said lame? Lame, there.. i said it again. Give 0 fks if you disagree. It aint about you. Dont make this personal.

I'm not you. Please don't assume I'm you or that i give a f*** about what someone else will "notice" or likes. i build bikes for me... not other people. If SgtThump hasnt told me my bikes are crap, I'm not doing my job.

those swing arms are finished and unpainted/powdered.... most are still prototypes, if you lack the vision and are content with stock, that's cool for you, brother. I respect your position. You are pleased as punch with stock. That's 100% okay with me... But dont you fkn dare give me s*** for not being like you and doing what i do or say some bullsh*** like, "[i] don't get it".

Do we have an understanding? If yes, cool; if no, GFYS

Last edited by cvaria; 03-27-2018 at 07:16 AM.
Old 03-27-2018 | 07:28 AM
badcooky
Banned

Triggered much .
Take a chill pill clown .

Last edited by badcooky; 03-27-2018 at 07:31 AM.
Old 03-27-2018 | 08:47 AM
cvaria
|
Supporter

Originally Posted by badcooky
Triggered much .
Take a chill pill clown .
mind your manners and that sorta stuff will not happen. Show some respect and stop the name calling.

Old 03-27-2018 | 10:26 AM
nschraeger
Intermediate

Those ohlins shocks are sweet. I’m gonna have to get me some of those. That other dude here is gonna have heart attack before that swing arm is even out haha. Relax buddy.

The following users liked this post:
Puma NJ (03-28-2018)
Old 03-27-2018 | 10:38 AM
TeaRunner
Road Master

The swingarm wouldn't be so bad if it was powder coated. As it is, it destroys the flow of the bike.

Old 03-27-2018 | 04:13 PM
StreetBob18
Cruiser

Originally Posted by cvaria
yes. I will put one on the bike i buy. That's why im following the progress. I haven't bought a 2018+ yet, I dont buy new, never will... and i don't finance toys. Hd has been working to fix the issues with the m8 and aftermarket is just starting to roll out fixes and upgrades. I'm not jumping in until i see fit and am comfortable with the entire state of affairs. Did you even read the original post or are you just looking for a fight because is said lame? Lame, there.. i said it again. Give 0 fks if you disagree. It aint about you. Dont make this personal.

I'm not you. Please don't assume I'm you or that i give a f*** about what someone else will "notice" or likes. i build bikes for me... not other people. If SgtThump hasnt told me my bikes are crap, I'm not doing my job.

those swing arms are finished and unpainted/powdered.... most are still prototypes, if you lack the vision and are content with stock, that's cool for you, brother. I respect your position. You are pleased as punch with stock. That's 100% okay with me... But dont you fkn dare give me s*** for not being like you and doing what i do or say some bullsh*** like, "[i] don't get it".

Do we have an understanding? If yes, cool; if no, GFYS
Just a suggestion. If you can't afford a new bike and really want something V-Twin powered with that style of swingarm, why not try picking up a used Buell?

Old 03-27-2018 | 04:23 PM
Gordon61
Road Warrior

deleted ...never mind

Last edited by Gordon61; 03-27-2018 at 04:39 PM.
Old 03-27-2018 | 04:47 PM
cvaria
|
Supporter

Originally Posted by StreetBob18
Just a suggestion. If you can't afford a new bike and really want something V-Twin powered with that style of swingarm, why not try picking up a used Buell?

i'm trying not to misinterpret this. are you thinking i can't afford a new bike and suggesting i buy that old buell?

Last edited by cvaria; 03-27-2018 at 05:49 PM.
Old 03-27-2018 | 06:26 PM
nschraeger
Intermediate

Streetbob18...what have you done to that bad boy so far? I went with a TBR stainless 2-1, Trask assault intake, saddlemen step up LS, woods cam, and some Roland sands grips and accessories. Waiting on the air cleaner still. Good suggestion with the buell. I think that’s what he’ll go with lol

Quick Reply: Softail Swing Arms