Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats up with cycle shack?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2018 | 08:12 PM
Burbur2
|
Grand HDF Member
Default Whats up with cycle shack?

Hi Everyone

For last few days I try to research Cycle Shack Oval Slip on mufflers for my 2014 Slim. I am digging this up for hours and cant find any website providing description for model MOV-435

Is Cycle shack even still in business? Can I find some kind of reference somwhere or call this company to find out what models will these fit?

I am exhausted and frustrated at this point as this should be easy to figure out but I am loosing it after 3 days of research that is resulted in zero answers.

Hope someone here will provide some hints.

Old 03-07-2018 | 08:33 PM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member

They are out of business

Old 03-07-2018 | 10:38 PM
Burbur2
|
Grand HDF Member

Yeah thats where my company search led to I even try to call and phone was disconnected. Anyone knows how I can cross reference this part number for fitment since I cant count on CS company anymore?

Old 03-07-2018 | 11:46 PM
Burbur2
|
Grand HDF Member

So I found out that this part number fits 2007- Later FXST-FLST models so now my question is should I assume FLS 2014 has same set up as mentioned models?

Anyone?

Old 03-08-2018 | 06:26 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

Originally Posted by Burbur2
So I found out that this part number fits 2007- Later FXST-FLST models so now my question is should I assume FLS 2014 has same set up as mentioned models?

Anyone?
Here's what I would do. I'd check the OEM parts finder part numbers for mufflers at Ronnie's. Compare 2007 FXST-FLST part numbers to your bike (I don't know if you have a 96" or a 103"). It's no guarantee, but if they're the same, there's a good chance they'll fit.

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....HAUST%20SYSTEM

That's as close as you're gonna get around here.

Last edited by Campy Roadie; 03-08-2018 at 06:29 AM.
Old 03-08-2018 | 06:46 AM
wide glider
Road Master

Cycle Shack are quality mufflers with a great sound and chrome finish. They were once an OEM supplier to Harley Davidson manufacturing Screamin' Eagle mufflers ( the earlier ones that sounded good). They went bankrupt about 3 or 4 years ago after a lawsuit involving HD. If you want to know if these fit your bike try a current mfgr like V&H or Rinehart and look up any of their slipons that fit an 07 & later FXST/FLST and see if your bike is listed as compatible also.

Old 03-08-2018 | 07:09 AM
Burbur2
|
Grand HDF Member

What will be name of these models? Sorry not familiar yet

Old 03-08-2018 | 07:11 AM
blackxpress
Road Master

I can't swear to it but I think the Python mufflers from Drag Specialties are the same thing. I know the dimensions are the same for my 17 Heritage Softail. I have Cycle Shacks on my bike and wanted to quiet them down a little so I ordered some quiet baffles from Drag. They slipped in there and bolted right up just like they were made for the Cycle Shacks. I ended up not liking those baffles (too much decal pop) and put the Cycle Shack baffles back in. The thing sounds awesome and runs fantastic but it's louder'n all get out. I'm used to that now so it's all good. Anyway, if you compare my Cycle Shacks to the Pythons for the same bike they're identical from what I can tell. Maybe you could look up the Pythons for your bike and compare the specs?

Old 03-08-2018 | 07:26 AM
wide glider
Road Master

If a Vance & Hines muffler that fits a 2007 & later softail is also listed as fitting your bike, then there's no conceivable reason why any cycle shack muffler listed for that year shouldn't fit yours. The header pipe diameter, length and muffler mounting location/method would all have to be the same. You won't find your bike listed in old cycle shack info as they probably were out of business when your bike was built.

Old 03-08-2018 | 08:36 AM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by wide glider
Cycle Shack are quality mufflers with a great sound and chrome finish. They were once an OEM supplier to Harley Davidson manufacturing Screamin' Eagle mufflers ( the earlier ones that sounded good). They went bankrupt about 3 or 4 years ago after a lawsuit involving HD. If you want to know if these fit your bike try a current mfgr like V&H or Rinehart and look up any of their slipons that fit an 07 & later FXST/FLST and see if your bike is listed as compatible also.
Not sure about great sound, more like annoy the crap out of other people around you sound. I bet the quality was great but that is about it.

Quick Reply: Whats up with cycle shack?