Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 FSXTBI Night train fuel pump issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 04:43 AM
506nighttrain
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2002 FSXTBI Night train fuel pump issue

Hello all, I’m having an issue with my night train. I purchased a Dakota Digital speedo for my bike and recently installed it. Everything was working fine but never fired up my bike as it was much too cold. Now for the life of me I can’t get my fuel pump to kick in. No sound whatsoever. Everything is working like it should. Check engine light is coming on, you can hear. Click from the relay, the fuse is good, if I switch back and fourth from the run/stop position I can hear a tiny noise in my intake. I have taken relays out and cleaned them, I have also unplugged my PCIII and tried it just As stock, I unhooked the battery as kind of a reset. Still nothing. It is a little cold here nothing major. -5 Celsius or so. I’m stumped as to where to look next. Is my fuel pump gone? Is there any wires I can check for fire for my fuel pump? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Old 03-04-2018, 12:23 PM
Philouk
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a similar issue, my softail speedo went nuts and then no fuel pump...I swapped the relays over and bingo away she went, replaced both relays and haven't had any trouble since. The speedo was still fooked though .

Old 03-04-2018, 04:46 PM
j_bee
Tourer
Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

Check under the fuel tank console to see if the connector on top of the fuel pump assembly has been dislodged.
If connector was removed to install new speedo and looks to be connected okay now, remove the connector and check for bent terminal pins.

Old 03-05-2018, 02:41 PM
506nighttrain
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by j_bee
Check under the fuel tank console to see if the connector on top of the fuel pump assembly has been dislodged.
If connector was removed to install new speedo and looks to be connected okay now, remove the connector and check for bent terminal pins.
Great minds think alike lol I decided to check all connections this morning. Sure thing the connection on top of the tank that goes to the fuel pump, one prong was bent. Straightened it and everything works perfect. Thanks for the replays guys!