Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OCC (American Chopper) in Oz... Site!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 08:59 PM
dmac1968
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default OCC (American Chopper) in Oz... Site!

Here is a link some of you might be interested in looking at. Is the Teutul's in Australia. Proud of my country so thought some of you might wanna take a look.

http://www.australia-revealed.com/

Regards,
DeanO

PS: If you DON'T like them... it ain't my fault they put the web site up, don't blame me

Old 06-19-2007, 09:02 PM
dmac1968
Road Warrior
Default RE: OCC (American Chopper) in Oz... Site!

..btw, they are riding HARLEY's in Australia ... SOFTTAILS, so this is technically not off topic

DeanO

Old 06-19-2007, 09:38 PM
ChopperHammer666
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

It's funny. I saw the commercial for their Australian bike build and the first thing I thought was that they will put BOOMERANGS on the WHEELS.

I saw the episode the other night and what a shock: BOOMERANGS on the WHEELS.

Their stuff is just too corny and lame.

Australia is definitley beautiful.

Old 06-19-2007, 09:54 PM
1deuce3
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ChopperHammer666

It's funny. I saw the commercial for their Australian bike build and the first thing I thought was that they will put BOOMERANGS on the WHEELS.

I saw the episode the other night and what a shock: BOOMERANGS on the WHEELS.

Their stuff is just too corny and lame.

Australia is definitley beautiful.
+1 they were ok when they first came out, but they totally sold out and make 'CUP CAKE BIKES"
They should take the money they made and ride away. All the custom builders that build raw, from scratch bikes laugh at them.

Old 06-19-2007, 11:04 PM
97FXSTSB
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

the teutul clowns belong in a circus

Old 06-20-2007, 12:50 AM
dmac1968
Road Warrior

They weren't too popular here in Sydney as it turns out. They had some promoter put on this SHOW in Sydney at Homebush. Tens of thousands rocked up and waited like 8 hours before they would even come down from their hotel room to go on stage. Apparantly they made a few hundred thousand for the appearance and wouldn't even come down from the hotel room to sign autographs for the fans (with the exception of Vinnie and Jason Pohle apparantly). They didn't have any amenities, hardly any drink or food providers, 43 degree CELCIUS day (so everybody cooked), one crap band that nobody had heard of, 90 minutes just to get in the gate etc etc etc. It was so bad that it was on the news that people were complaining about it, and OCC had a message on their web site basically saying "If you are emailing to complain about the show at Homebush, don't blame us, email the promoter" and had a link to the promoters web site. Apparantly the promoter just ignored the emails too.

Then there were the VIP ticket holders who paid I think about $500 each for their tickets. This was supposed to include breakfast with the Teutuls, a signed book, a photo with them, a ride with them, preferential seating etc etc.

The Teutuls didn't turn up at breakfast until 1/2 hour after everybody had finished eating. People were told NOT TO TALK TO THEM or they wouldn't get a photo. The book they got wasn't the one advertised. The RIDE consisted of a few laps around sydney Olympic stadium I believe and you had to stay back from the Teutuls and not get in the camera shot etc etc etc.

I was SO GLAD that I listened to that little voice in the back of my head and didn't buy a ticket and go !! Some people are still whinging about it. Are they like that in the states too? What next? American Milkman - The Series ? I can just see the paternity suits now

DeanO

Old 06-20-2007, 12:52 AM
dmac1968
Road Warrior

Whilst I agree with you 100% and know where you are coming from... I can see their point of view too. I would be happy to have every bike builder in the world laugh at me if I was making the same money the Teutuls are In fact I dare say they wouldn't give a sh*t and are probably the ones laughing. That's the world we live in unfortunately.

DeanO

Old 06-20-2007, 12:56 AM
dmac1968
Road Warrior

..oh yeah, and when I said about how they wouldn't come down to the hotel room... I forgot to mention that their hotel room OVERLOOKED where the show was and so they would come out on their 15th floor balcony and wave every couple of hours. How lame is that when you are getting paid ten of thousands (actually I think it was hundreds of thousands) just to rock up to your own event for the day.

They lost me as a fan when they did that although I must say, I think Harley should probably pay them a commission because so many of the NEW people to Harleys got their interest through watching that show.

DeanO

Old 06-20-2007, 07:50 AM
moggsy
Road Captain

I actually went to the show at Homebush and it was a joke.I really like the Teutuls but thewhole day was,as mentioned above,ridiculous.
Sure the OCC boys blamed the promoters but blind freddy could see the hundreds of fans waiting to see them and they would come out on the balcony and watch the proceedings.If is wasnt for us supporting them they would be just another bike builder.
They had only one decent bike there,comanche bike and the rest were average.I would have thought if you were going to have your bikes on display at a show you would at least clean them.They were pretty daggy and you could see smudges all over them.
Not good enough promoters,not good enough OCC...... never again fellas.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:13 AM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to those who this doesn't apply to..

Everybody loves to see successful people fail. That's why billions are made off of grocery store magazines and "Entertainment Tonight" style TV shows..
Whoever rises to the top seems to get all of the venom from the non achievers, and all of the silent envy...

IF any of you guys who are throwin' rocks, ever decide to step out of your comfort zone, remove your mouth from your mommy's tit, toss your binkie in the garbage, mortgage everything you have, along with your futureand step up to the plate and goAFTERthe prizebytaking a chance, then you have earned the right to be a critic of another rags to riches story. Seems the loudest squakers &the smart tough guy bikers havethe biggestballs when it comes to the talk,butcarry NOTHING in thepants when it comes to thewalk.

I don't know them, never met them, but I respect the incredible job they have pulled off, and I give them the respect they deserve.
I even like their product....
Some say they got "lucky". In my book,luck is when preparation meets opportunity, and lucky they were...
There would be no TV show if all the pieces weren't already in place.
And don't blame them forunorganizedpromotors. It's not their job to organize their attending events or schedules..

Sorry about my rant, but this stuff aboutOCC, Jesse or the like gets old.

Quick Reply: OCC (American Chopper) in Oz... Site!