Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'07 WideGlide vs Softail Custom

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007 | 03:25 PM
mrlee1948
|
Stage III
Default '07 WideGlide vs Softail Custom

I'm retiring my '90 FXRS. Has been a great bike around town and out to California. I'm torn between a Wide Glide and Softail Custom. I've talked to owners of both who love'm. I've thought about the "pros/cons" of both but nothing really takes over the top for either. Would like to hear opinions of others. I will continue to ride around town and local 2-laners as well as out on the road.
Thanks for your thoughts.

Old 06-19-2007 | 03:52 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Default RE: '07 WideGlide vs Softail Custom

If you do a search you'll find this one has been beat almost to death around here.
There are NO right answers, its what YOU want, what you like better and what you'll be most comfortable on or with.

In my opionion, and that's all it is. The WG arguably has a better suspension setup for getting "busy" in the twisties and without the balancer system it can be built to make more power easier. But the Softails 'look' better to some people. So to each his own.
For "ME" the Custom was the way to go. I'm a fairly short SOB but I have no trouble reaching and operating it's stock foot controls. On a WG I can barely reach them let alone work them properly.
I also like to ride with the wife whenever I can and the seat on the Custom seems taylor made for two up riding. Its a very, very comfortable seat, something that's IMHO ratherunusual for a stock seat.

Good Luck with whichever bike you do decide to get, just remember we want to see pictures. [sm=biker2.gif]

Old 06-19-2007 | 03:56 PM
blazzinbird
Cruiser

This is just my openion, I perfer the softail.I do not like the looks of the exposed shocks.

Old 06-19-2007 | 04:08 PM
paulca
Road Captain

WG's are cool but for me I'll take the custom first - in fact I did . The custom feels like you're in it, not on it.

It's a personal choice, ride both and then you'll know which is right for you.

Old 06-19-2007 | 04:30 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace

BTW I hope you posted the same question over in the Dyna 'room'.
Bet you money theytell you the WG is the only way to go.

Old 06-19-2007 | 07:42 PM
Crazy Biker
Elite HDF Member

https://www.hdforums.com/m_1560860/tm.htm

Old 06-19-2007 | 07:53 PM
Helix
Tourer

WG is rubber mounted , FXSCThas counter balanced engine. Dyna = Vibration I dont care what they say. Ive ridden several WG's and I had an 07 Street Bob ....and dynas vibrate, Softails dont. Mine is a smooth as silk in all gears and speeds. You decide for yourself nobody can do that for you.Good luck on your choice!

Old 06-20-2007 | 02:43 PM
Rich C
Advanced

Boy, did I go around in circles with this question myself... I ordered a wildglide and then the changed my mind and then changed it again and then the Custom came out. I went to the dealer and sat on the bikes and found what I liked about each bike and sat on them more. Then I ordered a Custom....

Old 06-20-2007 | 10:29 PM
Heritage07
Road Warrior

Custom is one fine looking bike hands down

Old 06-21-2007 | 12:02 AM
boone432
Road Captain

i was torn between the street bob and the night train for about .2 seconds!!! i went with the softail...i dont like the riding position of the dynas, nor do i like the look of the exposedshocks, especially coming off a sporty, it reminded me too much of that... i just like the riding position of the softails...more of a low position in my opinion, like a cradle type. and i like the hidden shocks!!!! go with the softail.... i think that the WGs look like a geezer bike.... you're no geezer!!!

Quick Reply: '07 WideGlide vs Softail Custom