Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy saddlebags

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 01:51 AM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Fatboy saddlebags

Hi all, im new to the forum and wanted to say hi to all, im taking delivery of an 06 fatboy in black candy on the 12th of november. i want to put saddlebags on it and searched the forum and havent found much on fatboy saddle bags. so if anyone has suggestions and pictures there greatly appreciated.

Chris

Old 10-17-2005, 10:49 AM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Fatboy saddlebags

I put a set of these on my 04 fatboy and they've worked pretty nicely.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

likes.. They're hard leather with a flip up lid that stays open and lockable. They mounted easy with two bolts into the struts without a third mount on the frame somewhere like heritage bags.

dislikes.. They're could be larger.. The mounting hardware could be a little cleaner. They're expensive, as is any harley product.

How do they look?.. ok.. to be quite honest, I don't think any bags look all that good on a fatboy. It's almost as if that bike was meant to stay completely naked. I'm "tolerating" the look of the bags on the bike. My wife keeps saying.. "get the roadking.."

[IMG]local://upfiles/3244/FCC44F7062B846DE9CF1BF678ACEEEAF.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-17-2005, 02:46 PM
guzzirider
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have just purchased a set of these:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

They were quite pricey even after buying them tax free from Guernsey- looks like they are cheaper in the States.

They look well made though and the only thing I need is a bike to attach them too- I understand that my new Fatboy is on a ship mid-Atlantic somewhere!

Guy

Old 10-17-2005, 04:43 PM
Fatbernie
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What in the holy name of Harley Davidson makes these things so expensive? I like the look and all but what is it about the saddle bags that makes them cost so very much. Just those fat boy bags will be more than all the other mods I have put on so far all put together.
BA

Old 10-17-2005, 05:52 PM
oldschol
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 05 Fatboy and purchased the "large" set from the Harley Dealer. They have a small Fatboy logo on the side of the bag. They were $599.

I am about like Babs, the Fatboy doesn't look all that good with a set of bags. I got them to just to have some place to carry all the "stuff".

The following users liked this post:
eagleeyeice (04-03-2023)
Old 10-17-2005, 06:15 PM
2goldens
HDF Community Team
Received 315 Likes on 216 Posts

ORIGINAL: Babs

to be quite honest, I don't think any bags look all that good on a fatboy. It's almost as if that bike was meant to stay completely naked.
I'll testify to that! Though I dislike any bags on a Fat Boy, I've come to view them as a necessary evil for things like extra gloves, glasses, jacket, etc. When you leave in the morning and ride all day and get home after dark, you never know what the weather will bring.

Old 10-18-2005, 11:00 AM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: 2goldens

ORIGINAL: Babs

to be quite honest, I don't think any bags look all that good on a fatboy. It's almost as if that bike was meant to stay completely naked.
I'll testify to that! Though I dislike any bags on a Fat Boy, I've come to view them as a necessary evil for things like extra gloves, glasses, jacket, etc. When you leave in the morning and ride all day and get home after dark, you never know what the weather will bring.
Wow.. Folks agree with me on that one.. I thought long and hard on it when I was trying to decide and the only bag I think that would look "eh" kinda decent on the Fatboy is actually the hard color matched jobs... They complement the rear fender lines and clean look. But still they're small for the fatboy versions because they're allowing for the shotguns, which everybody removes for drags or something low slung.. I think you can get the larger softail version in the same colors though, depending on your color.. But jumpin' jiminy cricket!! A Thousand dollars!!!??? Yikesey Momma!!

Whatta ya think?

[IMG]local://upfiles/3244/88EBDD17B890464092F43AA524765459.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-18-2005, 02:42 PM
rgerber
Road Master

Take a peek at what Irons Bags has. Expensive, but top of the line!

http://www.ironbags.com/

ORIGINAL: sonar_chris

Hi all, im new to the forum and wanted to say hi to all, im taking delivery of an 06 fatboy in black candy on the 12th of november. i want to put saddlebags on it and searched the forum and havent found much on fatboy saddle bags. so if anyone has suggestions and pictures there greatly appreciated.

Chris

Old 10-18-2005, 09:34 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the link man, I think Im going to go with the Iron Bullet bags plain with the cargo straps. They seem to be alot like boss bags but with a little more style to them. thanks again

Chris

ORIGINAL: rgerber

Take a peek at what Irons Bags has. Expensive, but top of the line!

http://www.ironbags.com/

ORIGINAL: sonar_chris

Chris

Old 10-19-2005, 12:05 AM
cowboy Harry
Road Warrior

If you want the hard bags, take a look at www.bbreproductions I think , thats the web site address. I have these on my deluxe and like them.

Quick Reply: Fatboy saddlebags