Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Fat Boy Owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007 | 03:37 AM
tunaman
|
Road Warrior
Default New Fat Boy Owner

Hello all,

Just bought an '07 Fat Boy today... it's my first 'real' bike. I rode rice-burners for many years, but haven't had a bike for probably 10 years. A buddy had an '04 and talked me into getting interested, and we were able to get the wife on board.

If anyone has any good tips or suggestions for upgrades, I'd welcome the input. I got some great information from the site already, doing some research on pricing, windshields, saddlebags, and seats. I ordered the quick-release windshield from the dealer, along with a sissy bar for the wife, but am taking my time withthe rest of the accessories until I get some good information, a chance to get to know the bike, and see what others have done.

Thanks in advance to those who have much more experience and choose to share - what a great resource!

Regards,
Roger

Old 06-17-2007 | 03:40 AM
darkside
Banned
Default RE: New Fat Boy Owner

Congrats on the new ride.There's a wealth of knowledge to be had on this site. Welcome to the forum. Check out the fat boy pictures thread for some inspiration.

Old 06-17-2007 | 03:45 AM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member

Congratulations..

I suggest getting rid of the stock seat asap.. the back flaps on an 07 might rub the back fender.

Second upgrade I suggest is getting a stage 1 upgrade, which means your choice of PIPES, and a SE (chrome) Back plate(and the other stuff) but with a K&N HD-0800 Filter, and a Race Tuner of some type.. like the SERT or Power Commander III or Thunder Max or V&H Fuel Pack... might be a few others. I have the SERT(Screaming Eagle).

third upgrade.. whatever you want, I suggest upgrading the bars (which I am doing next and pretty much last, wish it was one of my first upgrades) I have Wild One Chubby 504s on order. Should be on the bike by next week(should be here Monday)

On bags .. I suggest BOSS bags, or Saddle Pro bags or Iron Horse Bags or uh hmm not HD bags tho..

My fatboy in the pic below..

Old 06-17-2007 | 03:49 AM
tunaman
|
Road Warrior

Sweet - thanks for the tips.

Old 06-17-2007 | 03:50 AM
Alien Spyder
Grand HDF Member

Congratulations on the new ride! [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 06-17-2007 | 04:36 AM
lejj909
Advanced

welcome to the club

Fatt07 everything is stock

Old 06-17-2007 | 04:53 AM
tunaman
|
Road Warrior

Thanks guys - what a bitchin' ride!

Old 06-17-2007 | 06:52 AM
Demkay
Road Master

Welcome to the family dude.

Beach Bars....... Only way to go.

Old 06-17-2007 | 11:05 AM
DaveJ
Road Master

Congrats!

My recommendation is to take your time, go to rallys/bike events, and look at lots and lots of bikes to see what you like and don't like. Otherwise you may be doing a lot of re-buying.

Good luck!
[align=left] [/align]

Old 06-17-2007 | 01:14 PM
tunaman
|
Road Warrior

That's great advice, Dan,and exactly why I bought a box-stock bike rather than one that the stealer had dre$$ed up (along with the fact that they jack the purchase price way up with all the markup).

Demkay - thanks for the suggestion of the beach bars. My buddy pointed them out, and they do look cool, so I'll think about doing them. Right now I just want to get the 500 miles on it so I can really start to ride it.

Roger

Quick Reply: New Fat Boy Owner