Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil bud oil cooler install

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2017 | 11:29 PM
FLYING_BURRITO_BROTHER
NOT A MODERATOR

Originally Posted by skid_pimp
You clearly didn't look at the sight get well, and never seen one in person. There isn't a piece of road debris on any road u have ever been on that would damage an oil bud enough to leak. It is FAR sturdier than ANY other oil cooler on the market.
I watched a buddies 2006 Pontiac GTO oil pan got punched while driving mountain roads.

**** happens. Still pass.

Old 12-10-2017 | 11:33 PM
skid_pimp
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by FLYING_BURRITO_BROTHER
I watched a buddies 2006 Pontiac GTO oil pan got punched while driving mountain roads.

**** happens. Still pass.
And I've seen car, truck and even semi radiators get punctured while being operated too. Not much of a comparison though....

Old 12-11-2017 | 12:07 AM
FLYING_BURRITO_BROTHER
NOT A MODERATOR

And I've seen car, truck and even semi radiators get punctured while being operated too. Not much of a comparison though....
You have just essentially proven my point.

No way in hell I'm putting a finned "radiator" UNDER my bike. I don't care how "strong" it is claimed to be. If a rock can punch an oil pan, it can punch a severely exposed radiator.

Reminds me of a story from Nor-Cal 25 years or so ago.

A woman was traveling on San Mateo or Dumbarton (I forget) bridge...suddenly, she slowed to a crawl and came to a complete stop. People stopped and approached her but she was unresponsive.
Emergency crews arrived on the scene and found her deceased. Initial thoughts were sudden heart-attack or brain aneurysm. When they tried to pull her from the car...they found that she was stuck. One of the EMT personnel looked under the car and found that a piece of re-bar that fallen off a construction vehicle had punched thru the floorboards of her vehicle and impaled her from underneath.

Old 12-11-2017 | 04:41 AM
DrPlastic
Outstanding HDF Member
Old 12-11-2017 | 08:56 AM
skid_pimp
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by FLYING_BURRITO_BROTHER
You have just essentially proven my point.

No way in hell I'm putting a finned "radiator" UNDER my bike. I don't care how "strong" it is claimed to be. If a rock can punch an oil pan, it can punch a severely exposed radiator.

Reminds me of a story from Nor-Cal 25 years or so ago.

A woman was traveling on San Mateo or Dumbarton (I forget) bridge...suddenly, she slowed to a crawl and came to a complete stop. People stopped and approached her but she was unresponsive.
Emergency crews arrived on the scene and found her deceased. Initial thoughts were sudden heart-attack or brain aneurysm. When they tried to pull her from the car...they found that she was stuck. One of the EMT personnel looked under the car and found that a piece of re-bar that fallen off a construction vehicle had punched thru the floorboards of her vehicle and impaled her from underneath.
You do know an oil bud is NOT a finned radiator right?

Old 12-11-2017 | 09:06 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by CHHBadkarma
Hope your next oil cooler adapter works out better for you......
Me too but it won't be the Bud.
It will be the ultracool. It is a couple hundred bux cheaper too.
What are you using now?

Old 12-11-2017 | 10:28 AM
FLYING_BURRITO_BROTHER
NOT A MODERATOR

You do know an oil bud is NOT a finned radiator right?

Uh...Bud even uses the term "fins" in the video...

Of course the manufacturer is going to claim how "tough" they are.

Old 12-11-2017 | 03:41 PM
CHHBadkarma
Cruiser

Originally Posted by lionsm13
Me too but it won't be the Bud.
It will be the ultracool. It is a couple hundred bux cheaper too.
What are you using now?
oilbud.

Never been a fan of adding electrical load to harleys. I am sure the ultra works to a degree, at least better than the jagg cooler.

Ultra makes a nice little unit. little on the small side. Hell, I have two rads on my pc, each one has 4 120mm fans. My pc does not get anywhere are hot as my 110. Interesting how such a small rad on the ultra can drop that much heat.
The fans look like SANYO DENKI or possible Delta fans. Both with fairly high static pressure (good for pushing or pulling thru a rad)

To each there own right? That's what makes these bikes great, everyone does there own thing. I just prefer to keep it simple on these bikes.